PDA

View Full Version : OT - PayPal question

mharling
07-07-2004, 09:59 PM
If I upgrade my account, can I 'downgrade' later? I received a credit card payment to my non-cc account and would rather not have to deny it. I searched PayPal's site, but couldn't find anything. Thanks!

Mary
Lane 4/03

peasprout
07-07-2004, 10:32 PM
I think they will let you do it once, but that's it. I downgraded a year ago after realizing that they were now charging me for every single transaction I did! Can you set up another paypal account and upgrade that one to accept credit card payments? That's what I do,...then I direct people there that only have cc accounts.

JP- mommy to Ally & Zach
(11/02 & 4/04)

mharling
07-07-2004, 10:39 PM
I do have separate accounts, that's the problem. I told the person to use my non-cc account and they sent a cc payment (they didn't do anything wrong; it was the account I told them to use and I didn't say anything about cc vs. non-cc). So, it's my fault and I really don't want to deny the payment, but I don't want to be stuck with two CC PayPal accounts either.

Do you remember what you needed to do to downgrade?

Mary
Lane 4/03

Momof3Labs
07-07-2004, 11:45 PM
My mom called last week to downgrade her account, and they took care of it over the phone.

zen_bliss
07-08-2004, 01:20 AM
i just did this -- click help and do a search for 'downgrade account' and it has the link for the form to fill out as well as all the mumbo-jumbo of allowing you to downgrade once, etc. i think it was 'approved' for downgrade the next day.

boys2enough
07-08-2004, 02:00 AM
hi, mary,

I did it once by e-mailing them and complaining about how they didn't make it clear that "premium account" means being charged a fee every time I receive a payment. They did "downgrade" it for me, after telling me (via e-mail) that I could only do this ONCE in the lifetime of the account. If I ever "upgrade" it to premium account again, it is to stay permium. hth.

Cheers, Lin
Mom to 2 wild boys
D 3/98
G 11/02

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/kao/otn/pnoodles.gif