PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Signing Times videos?

himom
07-07-2004, 11:14 PM
I'm not sure what is going on with these videos so I'm looking for some input. I ordered the 3-pack, and immediately ran into problems. Two of the discs (1 & 3) didn't seem to play well no matter what I tried, and one of them finally stopped playing at all.

I emailed Signing Time and they were really great -- sent me replacement videos almost immediately. But one of them refuses to play at all (error message on my VCR)! The other one skipped around a few times but played ok the last two times.

I thought it was my DVD player for a while, but I cleaned it and I tried a bunch of other DVDs and they all work perfectly fine.

Maybe it's something with compatibility? I have a Sony but it's about 4 years old. The funny thing is that Volume 2 has been perfectly fine right from the beginning -- it's only 1 & 3 that are giving me problems.

Josh loves these and he already is signing so I really want to get this settled. But I really don't want to tell them that the videos aren't working again!!!! TIA!

Jodi
Mommy to Joshua, born February 2003)

JulieL
07-08-2004, 10:04 AM
I have the set and never had a problem. I am sure ST would do an exchange for you.

smomom
07-08-2004, 02:04 PM
I bought DVDs #1 and #2 from Amazon at Christmas. I did have problems with one of them - can't remember which and had to send it back. If I remember correctly the menus weren't working. They exchanged it and both are now working fine.

peasprout
07-08-2004, 02:39 PM
It's all coming back to me now,....I had the exact same problems as you! I was able to play the DVDs on my computer though, so I didn't think it was the disc. We happened to have a new DVD player that was lying around (my mom won at a raffle and didn't need) so we put it into that one and it worked. Ever since then we've been using our new player. I think the problem was that the player wasn't finding the first track. I think it's a combination of my previous player being a few years older and the DVDs not being very well made. Maybe you can try it on someone else's player or your computer and see if it works,...or ask Signing Times if they've had a lot of problems with the discs.

JP- mommy to Ally & Zach
(11/02 & 4/04)

himom
07-10-2004, 05:56 AM
Thanks for the input everyone.

Alrighty, the disks play on my computer only. I guess they are just made funny. Now I have to decide if I want to return them again or just park poor DS in front of the computer. We can't afford a new DVD player just now.

Jodi
Mommy to Joshua, born February 2003