20 large sea scallops (approx. 1 ¼ lb)
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil

Garnish:
½ cup fresh Italian parsley leaves
2 tablespoons lemon zest
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon lemon juice

Extra virgin olive oil

To make the coating: combine the coating ingredients on a plate or bowl and mix w/ your fingers

Wash the scallops and remove the muscle or buy the kind w/ the muscle already removed. Pat the scallops dry w/ paper towels and place in a small bowl. Add the olive oil and mix to coat. Dip the scallops in the coating, turning to cover evenly. Gently press the crumbs into the scallops. Place the scallops in a single layer on a clean plate. Cover w/ plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes to set crumbs.

To make the garnish: finely chop the ingredients and mix together.

Brush or spray the scallops with olive oil. Place on the grate 1 to 2 inches apart and grill over direct high heat until just opaque in the center, 4 to 6 minutes, turning once halfway through grilling time. Remove from the grill, sprinkle with garnish, and serve warm.

Makes 4 servings!

Enjoy!

babymama
07-08-2004, 05:44 PM
Yum! Thanks for this recipe. I added seafood to my (formerly vegetarian) diet a few yrs ago, and I'm in a total tuna/salmon rut. Need more seafood variety in our meal rotation. Thanks again!

Mama to Santiago, born 11/16/03

NEVE and TRISTAN
07-08-2004, 06:36 PM
I love scallops...I am going to try this recipe next time I have some...it sounds good!!!!
Thanks!!!
Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

bunnisa
07-08-2004, 08:38 PM
mmmm! This sounds perfect to use up some Panko I have. Thanks so much!

Bethany
It's a Boy!
William Eric
6/03