PDA

View Full Version : How to launch a (new) baby product?

californiamom
07-08-2004, 03:47 PM
Hi ladies,

I was just wondering if anyone here has any experience or know how to launch a new baby product in the market. I have a couple of ideas for baby products that I would love to launch!

Does anyone know what it takes? What are the steps I need to follow to accomplish this? What is the first step?

TIA!
Ana

babymama
07-08-2004, 05:42 PM
Actually, I'm not really sure if this will be helpful (as I don't have *personal* experience with starting a business), but you might start with the Small Business Administration (www.sba.gov). They very likely have an assistance center in your town or nearby. They help people starting small businesses with loans and general assistance (free classes on accounting, business management, use of computer lab, use of basic printing equipment etc).

Where I live, the city has it's own Small Business Resource Center and they have free classes, help with market analysis, help navigating city/county business regulations, etc.

You might also float some of your ideas or share prototypes over in the BBB-biz yahoogroup. It's a forum for posters here who have businesses and those interested in supporting BBB member businesses.

Good luck!!!

Mama to Santiago, born 11/16/03

Dscvrlifewith3
07-08-2004, 09:13 PM
Do a poor mans patent on it. (email me for details)

If you make it yourself, launch on eBay. It worked for me!