PDA

View Full Version : WTF, rated negatively by four different people all of the sudden

flagger
07-08-2004, 06:47 PM
One of them doesn't even have the guts to turn on their ratings but would say things they would dare not say in person to someone. It just makes me want to go off and leave for awhile. Too bad you cannot do an alert on the comments in the ratings. I am so upset by this, I am just shaking. I am going to spend some time loving the two people who are more important to me than anything else.

It is pretty easy folks, if you do not like what someone says, just don't read what they have to say.

If you want to take this up in private, my URL has been in every signature and can be contacted through that board.

llcoddington
07-08-2004, 07:07 PM
I am not exactly popular on these boards, so I doubt me replying to this will mean much. But, I just wanted to say that I am sorry. I too would be quite hurt.

Lana
mommy to Lauren 12/5/03

Grace_underfire
07-08-2004, 07:09 PM
Don't worry about the ratings! I think that whole thing is a little strange anyway... :) I just realized that they existed a couple of days ago.. and don't really see the point. Maybe I am missing something or I don't understand them well.

ddmarsh
07-08-2004, 07:12 PM
You have got to be kidding me. You of all people. You who went on a negative firing spree a few months back and had the gall to turn off your ratings altogether during that time??? You have seriously taken leave of your senses to have written this post.

Judegirl
07-08-2004, 07:34 PM
I don't get it either. I mean, it's certainly nice when people say nice things to/about me...but we're not applying for jobs here. It's not even ebay, where it serves a function.

I mean, what am I going to do, discount someone's advice about where to find the softest crib sheet because she or he isn't rated well??

Sorry, Flagger. If the words are insulting, I know that's hard regardless.

Best,
Jude

lisams
07-08-2004, 07:34 PM
I think he's being sarcastic. I was one who got a lovely neg rating from him so I'm not feeling too sympathetic.

Lisa

momathome
07-08-2004, 07:53 PM
Break my heart and cry me a river. Sucks when it's happening to you, doesn't it, bucko??? What goes around, comes around.

Also, if your post was meant to be taken in a sarcastic manner and you are, in fact, mocking me and others who dared to call you on your horrible ratings scheme from this past fall, then you know where you can go.

kristine_elen
07-08-2004, 08:05 PM
I think the ratings are silly and serve no purpose. Having said that, if you are truly wondering "WTF" and curious about why you got negative ratings (and you are not just complaining about it), perhaps you should review the tone of many of your past posts.

Telling people they are commiting child abuse by having their babies' ears pierced, telling people they have no business going on an airplane if they can't afford a ticket for their babies, telling a poster she would be a better wife if she was on the boards less -- and these are just off the top of my head. I was shocked enough when I read them that they stuck in my mind.

Instead of always acting as if your way is the one and only right way, you might want to think about stating your opinions in a more polite fashion.

Example: "I just don't feel comfortable when my daughter doesn't have her own seat on the plane because I've read too many horror stories" vs "You have no business doing X, Y or Z."

Food for thought.