PDA

View Full Version : Brainstorm Ideas for the BBB pin!

kthomp
07-09-2004, 12:06 AM
Since entries to the pin contest have been very slow, it was purposed that we have people submit ideas for a design without actually having to draw it.

So if you have and idea about a design for the pin, but not the "artistic skills" to make it a reality, you can now submit your design idea.

Also, we are looking for graphic artists (or any other people who want to draw) to help us make the designs into reality.

If you fit into either one of these two categories, please e-mail me at [email protected]

I hope this way, everyone gets to participate in the contest! I want my mailbox full with ideas! :-)

UPDATE: It seems this thread has been used to discuss the option of getting a different kind of pin. I started this post in hopes that people would send me ideas for a LAPEL pin without having to actually draw it, i.e. "What about a baby in a carriage holding a shopping bag?" Something like that. I am still looking for ideas! Any would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

s7714
07-09-2004, 02:17 AM
BUMP

Jennifer
Mommy to Annalia 03/03/03

NEVE and TRISTAN
07-09-2004, 08:06 AM
I have not followed these threads sadly...though if one of the designs is picked I will probably be one to grab one.
BUT I wanted to share a pin if no one else has. I am involved with a great networking group of women here in Raleigh. We have a pin that is a wired women with beads on the wires and beads that make the body, legs arms and hair. I do not have one of the pins but one of the gals wore her the other night and she gave me a website for them and when I tried it it didn't work.
But she did say they have children "people/pins" so maybe a mesh of a mommy pin and a child...

I will email her to get the site atleast.
Again since I have not followed the threads it could have been decided to have a BBBer make them (which I think would be wonderful) but if not I thought I'd throw that out there.

Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

papal
07-09-2004, 09:17 AM
Oh Neve.. the beady mom-baby sounds like a WONDERFUL idea!!! Please please can you ask your friend more details about it?? Thanks!!!

A BBBer is not making the pins but an outside vendor... so no worries on that count (right Rebecca??)

rrosen
07-09-2004, 09:26 AM
Right!

I think I actually have one of these pins. It has crazy bead hair? I think the proceeds went to a children's housing organization. I got my pin several years ago. I believe it cost in the $25 range.

NEVE and TRISTAN
07-09-2004, 09:36 AM
Don't know about you but this mommy sure does resemble it :)

I'll email the gal in my group and see if I can find it...
Neve
Feb 25, 2003

momtoemma
07-09-2004, 10:09 AM
Are you talking about Moonbabies pins? I have a few of these too and think that would make a great pin for our group! Here's a link to the homepage.

http://www.moonbabies.com/

papal
07-09-2004, 10:14 AM
WOW! Those are so beautiful!!! I really really really like them!! Rebeccaaaaaaaaaa... don't kill me!! :)

lmariana
07-09-2004, 10:19 AM
Is it okay for me to say that the bead pin scares me? I'm not crazy about that. :(

I also don't think we'd get quite as many takers on a $25 pin as one in the $10-15 range.

When I think about the BBB pin, I think of something colorful that we could see on someone and instantly think, "Hey, that's a BBB member!", you know? Something that stands out a little more.

Sorry to be the party pooper... :(

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

rrosen
07-09-2004, 10:19 AM
Stephanie
Yes, that is the kind I have.

I just called the Company. The do custom work for charity fundraisers. The sales manager is out of town and will call me next Tuesday. The prices on the website are high. They would have to give us a great deal for us to be able to raise much money.

Thanks for the link!

rrosen
07-09-2004, 10:20 AM
Rashmi-
I love them too. I'm way ahead of you! Read below!

amp
07-09-2004, 10:32 AM
I'm with Mariana...not a fan of the crazy bead haired woman.

I am still stuck on Rashmi's earliest sketch. That's the one I vote for so far, or some variation of it.

papal
07-09-2004, 10:32 AM
No no.. don't feel bad! Ideas are always welcome.. yes, the price might be a deal-breaker... they do have a JUNIOR size that maybe we could get for $15. And maybe we could get a custom design done to represent us?
If not, the lapel-pins are FULLY customizable and way cheaper, so we could always fall back on those.... mustnotwafflemustnotwafflemustnotwaffle

starrynight
07-09-2004, 10:37 AM
I agree, sorry but I will not pay $25 for a pin. It's not in the budget. I could swing $10-15 but anything that comes close enough to the cost of a cloth diaper for me kinda stops me in my tracks LOL. I know it's a one time price and but if I won't pay to belong to a web site I won't pay very much so that others could figure me out either kwim? I don't even think I live near anyone (an hours drive yes but not 'near' by anyone.)

Sorry to be the major party pooper (who is perpetually broke LOL )

babymama
07-09-2004, 12:16 PM
OOOOOOhhhhhhh! I'm a fan of the bead-hair lady.

I should preface by saying that I will go along with whatever design/logo the group decides.

I like that it seems bigger than a traditional lapel pin, and therefore, (potentially) easier to spot. I like that it's something really unique looking, and something I would likely wear anyway. I like that the face is blank (no physical characteristics) - bc that's sorta who we are to each other. I don't know what anyone here looks like (kinda like reading a novel), and that lets me "create" my own idea of what you all look like - ethnicity, body type, facial features, hair style, etc. I think there are lots of advantages to the crazy bead-hair lady. JMHO.

I'm more likely to buy if its $10-$15, but this looks like a quality pin (materials, construction, craftmanship, etc.) So I'd be willing to go up to $20 for something like this.

Mama to Santiago, born 11/16/03

NEVE and TRISTAN
07-09-2004, 01:43 PM
That is it!!!!!!!
Neve
Feb 25, 2003

jec2
07-09-2004, 01:44 PM
I kind of agree. But I like the idea. Maybe we could get them to make us a less "crazed" looking pin?!!

kthomp
07-09-2004, 01:45 PM
I'm not that crazy about them, either. Two issues.

First, this isn't really a customized pin representing the board. Anyone could just buy one of these. I really want it to be something customized and special.

Second, it appears to be made of beads. What if our little ones were able to get their hands on it, break it, and then choke on the beads? I, for one, would not feel comfortable putting it on my diaper bag in fear that Ally would get a hold of it.

And you always have to think about the money issue. I think 10-15 dollars is more in most people's price range. I bet you we would sell way fewer pins and therefore make less profits for charity.

So I say stick with the lapel pin.

khakismom
07-09-2004, 01:45 PM
I LOVE the crazy bead-hair lady pins!! To me, these have much more character and uniqueness than a lapel pin. But I also agree that $25 is too much. $15 is much nicer. :)

papal
07-09-2004, 01:47 PM
After mulling over this in the waiting room at the ENT office (grrrr).. i agree with you Kerri.. GO LAPEL PIN GO!! :)

kthomp
07-09-2004, 06:17 PM
bump

Marisa6826
07-09-2004, 06:24 PM
No like either :(

Something MUCH more simple please

-m

jasabo
07-09-2004, 07:10 PM
I can't remember who drew the first picture, back when the idea was first suggested, but I still really like that one. It was like a stick figure with spikey hair - maybe there was a baby and/or carriage (can't remember), with BaBaBO under it. I thought the drawing was really cute and simple.

The beaded pins are interesting and artistic, but I wouldn't buy one simply because I'd be afraid one of the boys would get ahold of it.

So I guess my "idea" is to re-suggest the first drawing (if that makes any sense whatsoever :))

Lisa - mom to 1 yr old twin boys

kthomp
07-09-2004, 08:00 PM
Lisa,

I believe that was Rashmi's design you are refering to! She is going to re-work it a little and then enter it in the contest.

I just wanted to add that the less suggestions/entries we recieve the fewer choices we will have when choosing a pin! We have had someone volunteer to draw design ideas, so now we just need the ideas!

pixelprincess
07-10-2004, 01:22 AM
hi! i really really want to submit an entry, but it has been so gosh darn hard to get even an hour to sit at the computer to draw anything... or come up with a concept. i don't have any good fonts on my Powerbook. also, designing is what i used to do for a living so i have been staying away from it for a while. excuses aside... i would like to do something fun if i can come up with it.

i couldn't imagine the beaded pin anywhere near DS's grabby lil hands....ooh, i am sure he'd love it though!

how about a two week deadline?

lmariana
07-10-2004, 08:53 AM
After seeing the birthday invite that you posted a while back, I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see any pin design you came up with!

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003