PDA

View Full Version : Anyone's baby been stung by a bee...

lfp2n
07-09-2004, 02:17 PM
Having a bad day so far, DD is having major readjustment problems after moving from the baby room to the toddler room this week. To add to it all they had a fire drill today and somehow a bees nest was disturbed and 4 children in DDs room, including her, got stung.
My question is, as this is the first sting, how long would it take to be certain she didn't have a reaction? I know in adults its pretty fast but I didn't know about the first time in kids.

I've just been over to see her, she's calmed down but sometimes the daycare thing can be pretty gut wrenching.

Lucy DD3/03

sntm
07-09-2004, 02:19 PM
Poor Olivia! Oh, hope she feels better. If there is going to be a reaction, I think it would occur quickly, within minutes. I don't know with beestings if it requires a previous exposure (I don't think so, but not 100% sure.)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

rrosen
07-09-2004, 03:07 PM
Oh poor baby (and mama!) I agree with the pp. My brother is highly allergic to bees. His first reaction was when he was about 2 years old. It was almost immediate. He swelled up right away and had trouble breathing in a matter of mins. It was very scary. I think you would know if it were a problem by now. I think most people get some sort of "local" reaction, like redness or some swelling at the sting site but, that is very different from a full blown allergic reaction.

I hope she feels better soon.

amp
07-09-2004, 04:05 PM
Aww, poor girl! I hope she is feeling better and that you two can get in a good snuggle this evening. Hugs to both of you!