PDA

View Full Version : The universal appeal of the Double-Double...

deborah_r
07-09-2004, 09:00 PM
OK, not everyone will know what this is, but if you've been to an In-and-Out Burger you will know! And if you haven't, well, it's a buger with double the meat and double the cheese. Just sounds more fun than "double cheeseburger". So Kai hardly eats any meat - he's just not interested in it. But today I got a Double-Double and I was giving him pieces of burger and cheese (and you know how the meat and the cheese kind of blend together, yummy) and he loved it! I just couldn't believe he was eating meat. I might have to get him his own burger next time, because he made quite a dent in mine!

amp
07-09-2004, 09:08 PM
Jake loves cheeseburgers! I used to let him eat off of mine, but now he will eat a good portion of a small burger, so I just order him one. Wendy's is my favorite and they have a Jr. Cheeseburger for under a $1 that he can eat most of.

peanut4us
07-09-2004, 11:34 PM
I SO want an In n Out burger now... ooh and fries ... ooh and a strawberry milkshake... Why can't they franchise across the nation? They'd be bigger than Krispy Kreme.

*Sigh* At least we know Mr. Kai has very good taste!

amazz
07-09-2004, 11:39 PM
OMG do I want In-and-Out right now!! I lived in CA for a year and had that at least once a week and they don't have them in TX. UGH!! Well have one for me next time.

Angela
EDD 10/15/04

JenCA
07-09-2004, 11:49 PM
Oh yes, the double double. I know it well.

There's an In N Out across the street from my gym. How insanely ridiculous is that?! ;)

mamahill
07-10-2004, 12:03 AM
mmm... doubledouble animal style... fries... vanilla shake... mmm

Vajrastorm
07-10-2004, 12:05 AM
Oh, the wonder of In N Out.

Based on how much of it I ate during pregnancy, its a wonder I didn't give birth to a cheeseburger.

Tondi G
07-10-2004, 12:48 AM
LOL! That is the only cheeseburger/hamburger Mason will actually eat. He loves In-N-Out!!!!! Can't say I don't love it too... but it isn't good for my thighs!!!! He used to share with me but now I have to order him his own.... he likes it just cheese, meat and tomato.... and ketchup! The shakes are to die for!!!! YUMMMM

~Tondi and Mason 7/8/01

jec2
07-10-2004, 02:58 AM
Love ordering "off the menu!" Ours is a grilled cheese w/extra tomatoes!

himom
07-10-2004, 07:12 PM
I really, really miss In-and-Out! I lived in L.A. for two years and every time I go back one of my first stops is there.

Aw, man! I skipped lunch so now I'm going to spend the rest of the afternoon daydreaming about a double-double (animal-style), with a chocolate shake and fries!

Yum! I guess I'd better go eat an egg salad sandwich or something before I start drooling on the computer.

Jodi

PS Congrats on getting Kai to eat meat! Hurrah for protein, in any shape or form. :)

peanut4us
07-10-2004, 09:41 PM
CHants:

Animal style, Animal style, Animal style!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, I really need to go visit my mom... for the In n Out burger down the road LOL!

Sarah1
07-11-2004, 08:17 PM
>And if you haven't, well, it's a buger with double the meat and double the cheese.

My sense of humor is so infantile that I just started laughing when I saw the word "buger" instead of burger :P

Tee hee!

I looooooove In-and-Out. Unfortunately we don't live in CA! I'm getting hungry......

deborah_r
07-12-2004, 12:24 AM
OOps, sorry, misspelling! Meant burger!

deborah_r
07-12-2004, 12:24 AM
OK, need to know what animal style is, please share!

C99
07-12-2004, 02:57 AM
God, I miss In-and-Out! I RARELY eat hamburgers, but I'd always get the #1 meal at In-and-Out, if offered. :)

brubeck
07-12-2004, 01:11 PM
There is a cheaper burger called the Flying Dutchman. It is just 2 patties of meat and 2 slices of cheese (not served on a bun or anything, no condiments) and it sounds like it would be right up Kai's alley!

I will admit to eating these when on a low carb diet.

Oh and both of my kids INHALE the In N Out fries. Amy has now discovered the milkshakes too.

mamahill
07-12-2004, 01:15 PM
According to http://www.zenlemur.com/innout.shtml :

bun is grilled with mustard, sauteed onions instead of raw, pickles, extra "special sauce"

mmmmm

papal
07-12-2004, 02:21 PM
Ok, i don't eat beef (holy cow and all that) but all this double-double animal burger talk with fries and shakes and what not is making me pack my bags and move to CA!!! Deborah!!! Can you mail me one???!!!