PDA

View Full Version : Does your child shake when they're angry?

peasprout
07-11-2004, 06:23 PM
DD literally shakes when she's angry. Today we took something she wanted away from her and she just stood there with her fists clenched and her whole body shaking uncontrollably. Meanwhile her face is turning red and she's gearing up for a big scream. She's 20 months old and I've never seen any other child do this. It seems like she has so much pent up anger or frustration, but she's normally a happy kid and I don't know what I can to do stop these fits of anger. Are there any other "shakers" out there?

gour0
07-11-2004, 07:34 PM
Ben does this. I think this is a normal thing.

Sarah1
07-11-2004, 10:38 PM
One of the little girls in our playgroup does this. She's an absolute sweetheart, gives kisses, plays well with everyone, just sometimes if she doesn't get what she wants...that's what happens. I think it's pretty common! Audrey does the fist-clenching thing, but so far we've been fortunate to escape the shaking :P

jd11365
07-11-2004, 11:59 PM
She doesn't shake, but she certainly lets you know she's angry. Fist clenching, red face, pulling at her own hair... This from a baby who is usually smiling all day long. But if it's past nap time or you've taken something away from her that she really wants, she will let you know how she feels. I just read that it's the most primative way to express feelings...sounds like it correlates with Karp's theory... I think your shaker is normal. :)

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
May '03

houseof3boys
07-12-2004, 10:21 AM
Ryan doesn't shake but he has started a new agression lately with his biting and making a "augh" kind of yell. I have seen another child shake like you are describing and I think it's just a way of her expression of anger.