PDA

View Full Version : Insurance woe update!

jd11365
07-12-2004, 09:29 AM
We don't owe the $3,800! And Marisa you (as usual) were right! It seems that the insurance company has a deal w/ the participating hospital and the entire bill was cut to $600...I pay a $200 deductible...they pay $400 toward the rest and the othe $3,800 is just a wash between the insurance company and the hospital. Great for me, but how much does that stink for people without insurance! If I didn't have any insurance I'd be responsible for the whole thing...but the insurance companies are only responsible for 1/5th?

Regardless, I had such horrible stomach pains this whole weekend from this and they've suddenly gone away...this is a huge relief. Thanks for listening to me on Friday when I was in panic mode. Deep down I had to believe it was some kind of error, but those were big numbers IYKWIM. Now if the airlines will find my bag and wallet...

...and at least I'm home from the inlaws... ;)

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
May '03

Marisa6826
07-12-2004, 09:53 AM
Glad to hear that it's resolved!!!

My OB no longer takes insurance, so his bill is $8000. Now, since I've been a patient of his for over 10 years, they are willing to negotiate with me. My insurance will pay him about $3000 out of network. I may or may not be responsible for a little more. We won't know till Aetna pays - which won't be till after the baby is born. Fortunately, my OB will hold the bill till January when Jonathan's flex plan is replenished and we can max out his before-tax contribution.

Amazing, huh?

-m

houseof3boys
07-12-2004, 10:14 AM
I knew it would work out but I could understand you being just sickened over the whole ordeal with the massive bill!

I hope your wallet returns to you from some kind soul that found it. :)

JElaineB
07-12-2004, 01:16 PM
So glad it was resolved! I hate how insurance works..but it's such a necessary evil. Hope your missing bag and wallet gets found!

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

starrynight
07-12-2004, 01:59 PM
So glad you don't owe the bill! And I hear you on what about people without insurance, I got a statement from when I was pregnant with Eliza and had an U/S done at a peri's office. The visit and u/s cost close to $900 the insurance only paid $280 and I had to pay nothing. But if I didn't have insurance I would have had to pay $900?? Geesh!

I hope your bag and wallet gets found!