PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Retreat!

jd11365
07-12-2004, 12:52 PM
Anyone else getting excited? It hasn't been mentioned on the big boards in a while (I don't think...I've been on vacation so I'm not sure) but I thought I'd post just in case someone who didn't know about it and still wanted to join us could do so. I've always wanted to see Chicago, and of course meet up with all of my "imaginary" friends who have been with me through pregnancy and motherhood...so I'm really looking forward to the trip!

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
May '03

jec2
07-12-2004, 02:22 PM
We won't be there :( I hope somebody has a cocktail or two for me (dancing on the bar is optional :))

It's in August, right?

McQ
07-12-2004, 02:43 PM
I'm so bummed we're going to be missing this. Just too close to number 2's due date. I expect a full report complete with pictures though. Have fun!

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03
and number 2 EDD 9.14.04

brigmaman
07-12-2004, 03:49 PM
Guess you know I'm excited! (And a bit neurotic!)
I think some of my family thinks I'm crazy- but if it were a professional convention of any other kind, nobody would question it, right?
Anyway, we're excited over here!

amp
07-12-2004, 04:06 PM
Also very excited! I'm even a little bummed that when you all get back here to report to everyone, I'll be visiting my family and will only have access to a dial up connection with lots of family interruptions. That should make it difficult to see what everyone has to say afterwards! Anyway, we can't wait to meet all of you!

Sarah1
07-12-2004, 04:16 PM
Since I actually *live* in Chicago, I am especially bummed that I won't be making it. DH's sister is getting married that weekend in San Francisco. I was really, really looking forward to meeting those who are coming! :(

mommd
07-12-2004, 04:18 PM
I'm excited! Even though I'm relatively new here I am looking forward to meeting people! DH thinks I'm nuts but is coming anyway. :)

candybomiller
07-12-2004, 04:29 PM
can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can'twaitcan'twaitcan'twait

Can you tell that I can't wait!?!? I'm sooooo excited. Only 3 1/2 more weeks. Woo Hoo! :)

StaceyKim
07-12-2004, 05:20 PM
I live in the Chicago area and won't be able to make it...having a baby at the end of July! I wish I could attend!!

MartiesMom2B
07-12-2004, 06:27 PM
I'm sorry that I can't make it however I wanted to post that if you are flying into Chicago via Southwest and want to be on TV and don't mind the fact about the retreat on TV you can send your story into Southwest to be viewed on the show Airline on A&E. They are looking for interesting stories for their 3rd season.

Sonia http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/character/1/character03.gif
Proud Mommy to Martie

californiamom
07-12-2004, 06:33 PM
Hi Jamie,
I am in Michigan and relatively new here... I would love to meet you in Chicago! Could you please tell me the details of this retreat again? Are DHs "allowed"? :-)
Ana

ETA: spelling :o

DDowning
07-12-2004, 06:48 PM
Given my current situation I had to drop out - I hope everyone else has a good time!

amp
07-12-2004, 06:53 PM
Here is the link to the yahoo group...

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bbb2004chicago/

You have to apply and be approved and I'm not the moderator, so I can't do that. If you have a different yahoo ID than your name here, I might put it in the notes section if you can, or post it here so that person will see it.

sugarsnappea
07-13-2004, 09:34 AM
BTW-Did I send you an invite for the Michigan BB board?

sugarsnappea
07-13-2004, 09:36 AM
We are very excited! However, I am bummed that Maureen and her girls, and Beth and Sarah can't make it. I might have to take JG to the American Girl store by herself. :(

flagger
07-13-2004, 09:40 AM
We had to pull our names out of the retreat this year and I removed myself from the Yahoo group. We don't know if Ms. Flagger will have a job to come back to after our September cruise (which is paid for) so obviously we need to watch every dollar and cent.

It would have been really fun to see old friends and meet some new ones, but ya do what ya have to do. From the pictures and the stories, last year's retreat in NC was a blast. I am sure the Chicago trip will be just as fun!

marinkitty
07-13-2004, 11:15 AM
I am really excited to meet those of you who are coming! Since we live here, I'll be there with bells on!

Holly
Mom to Mia (3.17.03)

alkagift
07-13-2004, 11:46 AM
I'm sorry to hear about Ms. Flagger's job situation, I certainly hope that does not come to pass!

Allison
Mommy to Matthew Clayton, 5/19/03

khakismom
07-13-2004, 01:03 PM
Me too! I was so disappointed! I figured Kathleen would've had the time of her life running around with Miss JG and Sarah. :( And to go to American Girl... Kathleen would've been beside herself!

I hope everyone has a blast and posts lots of pictures and stories!!

californiamom
07-13-2004, 01:20 PM
No! Would you please? :-)
Thank you!