PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use StriVectin for stretch marks?

StaceyKim
07-12-2004, 05:11 PM
If you have, does it work?? I am thinking about buying it and using after DD is born because I have some stretch marks ;(

http://www.strivectin.com/products/strivectin/wrinkles.asp?SourceID=GAW01

Marisa6826
07-12-2004, 06:02 PM
Unfortunately, nothing works to get rid of stretchmarks short of plastic surgery. They're hereditary and you either get them or you don't.

I wouldn't drop $135 on a moisturiser for my belly; I'd rather put it toward a good massage ;)

-m

StaceyKim
07-12-2004, 09:43 PM
I have been reading the reviews on drugstore.com and it seems about 1/2 the people swear by it and the other 1/2 don't like it. But also some of these people are using it for wrinkles not stretch marks.
I think I am going to buy it...for a 4-6 week supply the price isn't too bad IF it ends up working!
I will let you know the results in about 2 months or so (not going to start using it till after the babe is born).

jd11365
07-12-2004, 09:45 PM
No advice, just wondering how you're doing. Getting ready? Excited? Is Michael ready?

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
May '03

StaceyKim
07-12-2004, 11:32 PM
Hi Jamie,
Yes, we are getting ready! I don't know if Michael quite understands about the new baby although he touches my stomach and says "baby" and he knows what a baby is. So, who knows!? I can't quite believe #2 is almost here.
I will keep you posted.
Thanks for asking!

houseof3boys
07-13-2004, 09:51 AM
I have a friend that said it was a miracle cream for hers!!!!

classyt
10-08-2004, 05:07 PM
Did you end up using StriVectin after your baby was born? What were the results?

Mine is 8 weeks old and I've used Mustela Stretch Mark Cream at $35 a bottle with no real results. So I'm thinking of Strivectin and have one friend that swears by it, but I'm still not sure.

Amanda (Mom to Lucas Parker)

StaceyKim
10-08-2004, 05:52 PM
Hi Amanda,
I didn't get it because I am nursing and it says on the box not to use it while nursing. I still plan on getting it once I stop nursing if there are still stretch marks. I got the Mustela cream the last time and it didn't do much either.
Let me know if you decide to get it!
P.S. congrats on your new baby!

classyt
10-09-2004, 10:54 AM
Thanks for letting me know that you can't use it when nursing. I am pumping (nursing, unfortunately, didn't work out), so I'm sure it's the same. So I guess I will wait as well and then get it when I'm done.

Thanks for the input.

Amanda