PDA

View Full Version : Rachel- Updates please!

Marisa6826
07-12-2004, 05:57 PM
How is your Dad doing? And more importantly, how are YOU doing? Feeling any better?

I've been thinking a lot about you and Abby

hugs

-m

Rachels
07-12-2004, 10:31 PM
Marisa, thank you! My dad is doing fine-- new BP medicine is working really well. I am okay, too. The cyst rupturing has caused a hormonal tidal wave, and I've been having a tough time with headaches, nausea, and a little residual pain. Abigail is suddenly cutting four molars, so it has been a tough week for eating and sleeping for everyone here. I anticipate feeling a bit run down for a few weeks, but I am loads better than I was ten days ago, so I'm on the upswing. I have a follow-up appointment in a week or two. I'll keep you posted. I really appreciate your checking on me!

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/character/2/character39.gif

"We have a secret in our culture...it's not that birth is painful, it's that women are strong!!" - Laura Stavoe Harm

Marisa6826
07-13-2004, 04:49 PM
I'm sooooo glad to hear that you're on the mend. I've been meaning to ask, but was on bedrest last week and had little access to the computer (between Jonathan and Sophie watching Baby Einstein ;) ).

I think Sophie's working on her 2 year molars as well. Motrin is our best friend lately.

Also great to hear about your Dad. I specifically thought of him when I saw that news blurb last night about the lowered cholesterol guidelines.

Does your OB/GYN anticipate any long term consequences of the rupture? I pray not.

Be well!!

hugs

-m

Rachels
07-13-2004, 07:10 PM
Sigh...sadly, these are her FIRST molars. She's really slow with the teething, and we've still got loads to go.

As for cyst consequences, hopefully there are none, but we have to wait and see. If I can tolerate it, I'll go on the Pill for a few months to give the ovary time to heal. It does have me a little spooked about fertility because it has thrown my cycle off, but it is very likely to all be fine once I fully recover. Fingers crossed!

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/character/2/character39.gif

"We have a secret in our culture...it's not that birth is painful, it's that women are strong!!" - Laura Stavoe Harm