PDA

View Full Version : On an average day at home, you look...

lmariana
07-12-2004, 06:40 PM
I was just curious how your average day at home leaves you looking (or feeling)! I think during the week, I vary from "presentable" to "rolling out of bed". I don't think I've felt "put together" since the baby was born! :)

rrosen
07-12-2004, 06:44 PM
I voted frumpy. I don't know if it is how others would describe me but, it is how I feel. Sometimes I catch my reflection in the mirror and wonder, "who that is looking back at me?"

Oh well, my DD does not seem to mind.

jubilee
07-12-2004, 07:01 PM
I voted presentable, but really it depends on the time of day! I don't end up putting makeup on until around 11am because I shower in the late morning. If someone was to see me earlier than 11 I'd be in the scary catagory!

jubilee
07-12-2004, 07:01 PM
I voted presentable, but really it depends on the time of day! I don't end up putting makeup on until around 11am because I shower in the late morning. If someone was to see me earlier than 11 I'd be in the scary catagory!

Melanie
07-12-2004, 07:10 PM
I do okay, definitely not put together. My hair is clean, never dried or curled, RARELY makeup. It's funny to remember I used to wear it to work daily and now I feel so silly unless it's an occasion.

I think it was Neve who mentioned feeling like a dog show person when you spend a ton of time getting your baby (now child) dressed perfectly and pick up your much coveted diaper bag, unusual stroller/sling and head out in your sweats.

Melanie
07-12-2004, 07:10 PM
I do okay, definitely not put together. My hair is clean, never dried or curled, RARELY makeup. It's funny to remember I used to wear it to work daily and now I feel so silly unless it's an occasion.

I think it was Neve who mentioned feeling like a dog show person when you spend a ton of time getting your baby (now child) dressed perfectly and pick up your much coveted diaper bag, unusual stroller/sling and head out in your sweats.

Marisa6826
07-12-2004, 07:13 PM
At the most, lately, frumpy leaning more toward just out of bed. I just have NO energy.

I do, however, usually look presentable if I am going out. Hair brushed in a pony or braid, makeup, decent preggo clothes.

If I know that I'm not leaving the house, I don't even usually bother changing clothes. One of Jonathan's Ts and a pair of jersey Target pants... I wash my hair every couple of days (it's long and a real hassle to wash daily), so it's usually pulled into a half knot of sorts. I can't wear my contacts while preggo (eyes too dry), so it's glasses all the time now anyway...

Remember what it was like to be showered and ready by 9am???

-m

Marisa6826
07-12-2004, 07:13 PM
At the most, lately, frumpy leaning more toward just out of bed. I just have NO energy.

I do, however, usually look presentable if I am going out. Hair brushed in a pony or braid, makeup, decent preggo clothes.

If I know that I'm not leaving the house, I don't even usually bother changing clothes. One of Jonathan's Ts and a pair of jersey Target pants... I wash my hair every couple of days (it's long and a real hassle to wash daily), so it's usually pulled into a half knot of sorts. I can't wear my contacts while preggo (eyes too dry), so it's glasses all the time now anyway...

Remember what it was like to be showered and ready by 9am???

-m

ShayleighCarsensMom
07-12-2004, 07:24 PM
I said "like I just scrubbed the floors", because chances are, I just did...
Although if we are going out, I must have had a shower within 24 hours, and the kids are immaculate, while I frump around in my rags!
Oh the joys of being Cinderella, LOL!

ShayleighCarsensMom
07-12-2004, 07:24 PM
I said "like I just scrubbed the floors", because chances are, I just did...
Although if we are going out, I must have had a shower within 24 hours, and the kids are immaculate, while I frump around in my rags!
Oh the joys of being Cinderella, LOL!

jbowman
07-12-2004, 07:30 PM
I marked "presentable," but that doesn't mean that I dried my hair with a blow dryer (I only do that...uh, never!) or that I'm wearing make-up (I only do that when I'm teaching). I guess it's all perception! "Presentable" for me means that I'm wearing jewelry with my frumpy outfit, LOL!

amazz
07-12-2004, 10:12 PM
You just described me exactly and I don't even have a toddler! But I insist on looking presentable if going out so people don't know how bad I look at home. The poor UPS man gets a nasty shock sometimes! :)

Angela
EDD 10/15/04

daisymommy
07-13-2004, 01:09 AM
I voted presentable. To me that means I've showered for the day, hair is yanked back into a pony tail, no make-up, and I'm wearing jean shorts and a tee shirt.

Some days all the stars align corectly (ie: hardly ever) and I'll get a chance to do makeup, blowdry my hair, and wear clothes that require ironing. This to me is the pulled together category. I really am glad to see that the majority of you did NOT vote in this category. You would have made the rest of us look bad, and your membership to the girl's club would have been revoked ;)

redhookmom
07-13-2004, 01:11 AM
At about 4pm today I noticed my shirt was inside out. I think that puts me in the frumpy category.

Melanie
07-13-2004, 01:42 AM
http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/happy/1/happy07.gif

boys2enough
07-13-2004, 02:38 AM
Do you mean "Before" or "After"? ;-) I voted "Like I just scrubbed the floor" because chances are, at the end of the day, I DID. lol

Cheers, Lin
Mom to 2 wild boys
D 3/98
G 11/02

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/kao/otn/pnoodles.gif

mattiew
07-13-2004, 09:13 AM
Jessica - tooo funny!!!!!!

rrosen
07-13-2004, 09:22 AM
Jessica-

When DD was about 3 months old and I was seriously delusional from sleep deprivation, we went out DimSum in China town and some shopping in Boston. We spent the entire day out and about. When I got home, I noticed a weird lump on my chest. It turned out I had a sock stuck to the inside of my shirt. I looked like I had a deformity. DH must have been really tired too because he never noticed either. I was mortified!
This time last year I would not have gone out without my toes painted and my eyebrows shaped. HA! There are days now that I consider myself dressed if my teeth are brushed!

My daughter on the other hand ALWAYS looks pulled together.

lmariana
07-13-2004, 10:25 AM
I hear ya! I get my shower in during Gabe's first nap, so before 11 AM, I'm not a pretty site!

Even though I don't have much time for makeup, I do have a couple "secrets" for getting a nice no-makeup look. I dab on some concealer, either "Lemon Aid" or "B-oing" by Benefit, add a little bit of "Benetint" (also by Benefit), and finish off with a tinted lip gloss (usually an Aveda Lip Tint). Honestly, it makes a HUGE difference in my appearance and self-esteem and literally takes 30 seconds to do. So that's my usual make up routine. If I'm in a major rush, my secret weapon is "Dandelion" (by Benefit as well). It's a powder that honestly makes you look bright and sunny in a flash. I keep it in my car for when I'm on the go.

If I'm actually going out for dinner or to the mall or something, I'll do a tinted moisturizer, Benetint, eyeshadow stick thing (from Mac...it's the ONLY thing that will stay on my lids), mascara, and a lip tint.

I've never been a foundation person, mostly just concealer and powder. :) I think I got WAY off tangent!

For my new mom friends, I put a little care package together and throw in stuff for them...it always includes a Benetint and Lemon Aid! I swear by these two!

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

starrynight
07-13-2004, 12:43 PM
Marisa, you just described me except it's one of my tanks not dh's and I'm not preggo LOL. If I'm leaving the house it's different I do not leave the house in jammies or sweats. But currently I'm in pajama pants and a tank and that is my usual 'hang out' outfit when I'm around the house.