PDA

View Full Version : Gymboree Play & Music - HAVE YOU?

jakobsmommie
07-13-2004, 10:00 PM
Last year we brought DS to "Chucky Cheese" for his Bday.
I wasn't impressed.

This year - his bday is Aug 8th - I figured I would try the Gymboree Play and Music.

I was just wondering if anyone else had done this and what your experiences were with it.

DS will be turning 3. Was it worth the money? I can't believe for an hour and a half it is $249!!!!

rrosen
07-13-2004, 10:16 PM
We have not done it but,I have heard that kids love it.

$249 is WAY higher than my Gymboree! Ours is running a special for summer birthdays, $129-$139 for 2 hours. Regular price after Labor day is $175-$185 also for 2 hours. Can you check prices at another center?

pritchettzoo
07-13-2004, 11:55 PM
It might be cheaper for members--the leader was promoting it a few weeks ago and I think she said it was $125 or so. If you know someone who has just joined Gymboree, they'll have a coupon for $25 off. I would send you mine, but it's only good at this Gymbo here in GA which won't do you any good!

Anna

khakismom
07-14-2004, 02:00 AM
Kathleen has been to 3 birthday parties at Gymboree and they are her favorite parties. The leader makes a big deal about the birthday boy/girl and they get to lead alot of the activities. The kids run around and play, do the parachute and bouncy stuff. All in all, a BLAST! I would've done K's birthday there this year but the weekend of her party--when my parents were in town--her friend had hers at Gymbo, so I wasn't going to do it two days in a row.

After they play, the kids eat cake or cupcakes in the non-play room and then open gifts. As host, you supply the cake and drinks, and drinks for the adults (pop and bottled water is what I drank at all parties).

But I think the reason I love these parties myself is that it gives the parents a wonderful time to watch their kids from afar but yet still hang out and chat with the other parents. *I* love going to Gymbo parties! :)