PDA

View Full Version : Last Call BBB Scrapbookers: Click Join the Swap - Link to Yahoo Group

ChicagoMama
07-14-2004, 03:58 PM
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BBBScrapbookSwap/

I think everyone who replied, as well as a couple of others, has joined the Yahoo group, or I have sent you an email/PM with the link. Join the group and join the fun!

Hi Y'all - I was thinking that a BBB Scrapbooking Swap would be fun -- the theme would be one of the following (or a fun combination):

-- secret pal swap
-- baby theme swap (doh!)
-- smorgasbord / odds n ends swap (i.e., clean out your scrapbooking supplies and get some neat stuff from other folks!)

A very general description of swaps for scrapbooking is included in the link below. Let me know if you are interested and I'll set up a Yahoo group to share more details.
http://www.creatingkeepsakes.com/message_board/swap.ihtml

It would be great if we could get 10-15 people to sign up for slots in the swap to make it active and fun!! If we got 10 people to sign up, each person would sign up for a "slot" around the theme. So, if we did a baby theme swap, then we would have slots for stickers, paper, embellishments, die cuts, etc. You would send the 10 items in your slot to me, then once I receive all the items, I send 10 items back to each person.

I was thinking a store-bought or a clear-out-your-closet swap would be best -- goodness knows that I can't commit to making anything! The dollar limit for a store bought swap would be $20 or under, depending on the group's preferences.

Reply below if you are interested or have questions, and if you have any preferences on theme!

Becky

Mama to DDs Shelby 09/19/02 and Sydney 10/16/03

amp
07-14-2004, 04:20 PM
Okay, I can't commit to "joining" anything since I can barely get my own stuff done! Still scrapping really OLD pics!

BUT....I have a lot of stuff I've been thinking of selling/donating...ie. decorative scissors, circle cutter, stickers, paper, etc. that I could sell if there were a place where people were interested.

Sorry, that wasn't really what you asked, but I couldn't help myself. :o

Imperia
07-14-2004, 04:24 PM
Me me me!!!!

I would love to join. I try to buy just for planned LOs but sometimes I buy things I don't really have a use for so I do haev some odds and ends. I would love doing a store bought swap too. It's so much fun swapping goodies!

Imperia

MelissaTC
07-14-2004, 04:39 PM
I am a BIG scrapbooker and would love to join the swap. I have lots to sift through so a clear-out-your-closet swap would be great for me.

heidi_timms
07-14-2004, 04:49 PM
Me too! I am a big scrapbooker. Lately, I have been collecting stuff more than doing the actual stuff. I'm still doing my wedding from 4 years ago-LOL! I would be interested in a store-bought or swapping NEW stuff.

Imperia,

We must get together for a scrapbook day at my house!

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

ChicagoMama
07-14-2004, 05:04 PM
For everyone who has expressed interest so far - go ahead and request membership to the Yahoo Group (I put some guidelines out there just to make sure we stay safe --- email me if you have an issue with these), and we'll keep trying to get at least 10 confirmed participants from this thread, then we'll move discussion to the yahoo group in a day or two.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BBBScrapbookSwap/?yguid=187951325

Becky

Mama to DDs Shelby 09/19/02 and Sydney 10/16/03

slknight
07-14-2004, 05:31 PM
Count me in!

abigailsmom
07-15-2004, 12:45 AM
I am interested!

Andrea I sent you a PM!

SeekerMage
07-15-2004, 02:09 AM
Yeah! what a neat idea! I have a ton TON of stuff and no time to use it. I also have a box full of Creative Memories supplies that have never been used (cousin was clearing out her closet because we no longer wanted to consult and gave my mom and I doubles of everything from stickers to cutting systems). I would love to swap some stuff out.
I also like the idea of theme swaps, baby is obviously a good one, what about holiday stuff or supplies (like scissors, tape and embelishments). Another idea is what about an idea swap, or a "newsletter" of sorts where we put together idea/layout pages, or could post questions (ie I have these pictures any ideas on how to lay them out?) Or heck just post pictures of our layouts for ideas!

(now if only there was time to scrap amist our possible yes possible no move...sigh)

Imperia
07-15-2004, 05:18 AM
YES Heidi!

I would love that. I actually have a big box of new paper coming from two peas in a bucket. I hope it will be here this week. I will have some extra papers (I bought some Making Memories packs) if you want to swap. Give me a call this week if you get a chance.

Imperia

mommd
07-15-2004, 10:20 AM
I'd like to join too! Not much time to scrapbook lately, but I have lots of stuff! :)

amp
07-15-2004, 11:55 AM
Got it and replied to you via email istead Robyn!

aim
07-15-2004, 12:05 PM
I would love to join, any kind of swap would be fine by me - I am happy to shop and I would also be happy to share my stash. I always wondered how many BBB members were scrapbookers. It makes sense that there would be overlap, and it alse makes sense that some of you would be on the Two Peas message board (for those of you who are not you should check it would www.twopeasinabucket.com )

Amy
Mom to Bennett (1-14-04)

mom to little e
07-15-2004, 02:24 PM
Definitely!! Count me in! I would love to join in on a "clear-out-your-closet swap" of new/store bought stuff! Fun!!

Casey
Ean 11/06/03

mom to little e
07-15-2004, 02:28 PM
I noticed your son's name, Bennett! Cool!! That is our son's middle name (named after my grandfathers middle name).

Casey
Ean 11/06/03

MommytoDylan
07-15-2004, 04:47 PM
I'm interested too!

Thanks,
Meredith