PDA

View Full Version : Chemicals in Baby Products

Puddy73
07-14-2004, 04:59 PM
I just wanted to share this link regarding chemicals in baby products and other toiletries:

www.ewg.org/reports/skindeep/browse_products.php

The site includes lists of chemicals to avoid and lists of the best and worst products in various categories. I'm really not a paranoid nut about chemicals (I like my Bath & Body Works stuff too much!), but my MIL is a public health nurse who specializes in child safety and she bombards me with information like this.

Jennifer
Mommy to Annabelle Mae 9/8/03

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

missym
07-14-2004, 05:29 PM
I would be wary of "scientific" findings published by this organization. While their goals may (or may not) be worthwhile, their methods have been repeatedly called into question. Here's an article about this list:

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/040701/cgth042_1.html

I'm not saying we shouldn't be concerned about chemicals in personal care products, but after researching EWG and their funding sources, I take anything they say with a plateful of salt. ;)

Missy, mom to Gwen 03/03

lisams
07-14-2004, 05:36 PM
I have seen this. It's nice because you can look up almost anything, like toothpaste or diaper cream and find the brand that has the lowest rating (which is good - the least amount of harmful ingredients). While we can't avoid chemicals, it's nice to know I'm making an educated decision. It at least makes me feel better!

Lisa