PDA

View Full Version : Toys for a long car trip

Jeanne
07-14-2004, 05:03 PM
My apologies if this has been discussed before, but we are setting out on an 8 day vacation with several 6 hour legs in the car. I've got the toddler covered activity and dvd wise, but not the baby. She's rear facing so I need a few good new things to entertain her. Any recommendations?

August Mom
07-14-2004, 10:22 PM
How about some Lamaze toys? We liked Celeste the Sun and Max the Monkey, but it sounds like all of them in that line are good. DS also liked to play (and still sometimes does) with Leapfrog's Baby Tad in the car. Board books are always good as are Baby Eistein's Traveling Flash Cards.

alkagift
07-15-2004, 12:07 AM
Matthew loved the Sassy wallet traveling--lots of pockets and "credit cards" and "change" plus a spot for a picture.

Allison
Mommy to Matthew Clayton, 5/19/03

amp
07-15-2004, 12:27 AM
My DS is a bit older than your DD, but his favorite toys right now are things with buttons he can push. We have a few things we bought at Marshalls - a toy remote, and keychain with buttons, a mini piano with 3 big keys and 3 little keys, the Parents cell phone from Target and the Parents PDA. Also, prior to that he liked lots of the Sassy toys and Lamaze type toys that he could rattle, jingle and pull things on. And, my son would watch the dvd that you are setting up for the toddler.

August Mom
07-15-2004, 09:35 AM
DS loved the Sassy Wallet too, but we never tried it in the car. I envisioned coins and credit cards strewn everywhere. :)

Jeanne
07-15-2004, 12:06 PM
Thanks Ladies! I'm heading to Marshalls to pick up some of these things today. I'm actually glad none of you suggested stuff I could only find at TRU because I don't have the time to spend in there. I can never find a thing in that place!