PDA

View Full Version : Favorite bedtime songs/CDs?

schuschein
07-15-2004, 12:28 AM
I was wondering what everyone's favorite bedtime songs or CDs are. For us it's currently "Idlewild" from "Bed, Bed, Bed" by They Might Be Giants and "African Alphabet" by Ladysmith Black Mambazo and Kermit the Frog from Sesame Street's 3 CD box set "Songs from the Street: 35 Years of Music." They are both beautiful songs, and was wondering what other songs are enjoyed as great mellow sleepytime songs.

It can be a song written for or on an album that is specifically for bedtime, or just a song that is nice and calming that you find works really well (Such as "Blackbird" by The Beatles).

Just curious as we're looking to expand our musical selections...

SeekerMage
07-15-2004, 02:32 AM
I love the Disney Baby lullabies album...there is also a Disney Princess lullabies thats all the princess theme songs set to classical music. (can you tell we are a big Disney family we listen to this one at night ourselves!)

Miss Moose also likes the John Mayer album (dont know the title of it but his first one) and Enya as well. We also just got a cd that is babys first fairy tales that is a different choice for when she is restless. Baby Genius has a set with a few different cds in it and her favorite for a while was the nursery rhymes one, not very soothing imo but she loved it. I guess anything works!

mommd
07-15-2004, 10:27 AM
"Somewhere Over the Rainbow" by Israel Kamikawiwoole. Works like a charm, especially in the car.

August Mom
07-15-2004, 10:45 AM
George Winston piano albums. DS loves them!