PDA

View Full Version : OT: Do any of your appliances "channel" other things?

nwaddellr
07-15-2004, 04:47 PM
Ok - I'm sure you're all wondering what I'm talking about. An example is probably the best way to explain.

My shower fan channels a crying baby. Whenever I get out of the shower and turn on the fan, I SWEAR DS is crying - to the point where I will turn off the fan, open the door, and listen to...silence. I've done this so often that I have to remind myself its the fan's baby, not my baby that's crying.

I've got another one for you - my vacuum channels a rining phone. Again, I start vacuuming, hear the phone ring, turn off the vacuum to...silence. Now I just ignore it, so if someone does call, it goes right to the answering machine (this has happened).

Just wondering if I'm the only one with odd appliances around the house ;-)

babymama
07-15-2004, 04:57 PM
Yup - I've definitely had that ringing-phone-vacuum experience. Isn't that funny?

In my mom's house, the phone channels a radio station. It's done that for yrs. The phone company swears there's nothing wrong with her line.

Our phone has on occassion channeled other people's phone conversations (crossed lines? this happens sometimes after storms). Doesn't sound like they can hear me, but I definitely hear them. Makes me wonder how many conversations of mine have been "heard" by others w/o my knowing.

hey, congrats on your DS's birthday! saw on your sig that he turned one 3 days ago - a huge milestone!

Mama to Santiago, born 11/16/03

Marisa6826
07-15-2004, 06:00 PM
When I'm in the shower, I'm conviced somebody is coming up the stairs. I think it is the way the air moves the shower door.

I always think I hear the phone ringing too.

-m

alkagift
07-16-2004, 11:10 AM
During the winter we had a small heater in DS's room and we could hear it over the monitor--when it was on "oscillate" my DH and I thought we could hear music or singing. Not while we were in the room, but over the monitor. It was starting to creep us out.

Allison
Mommy to Matthew Clayton, 5/19/03

nwaddellr
07-16-2004, 12:34 PM
Thanks for the birthday wishes - isn't it amazing how quickly time flies and the babies grow?