PDA

View Full Version : Resolution to Unfair Boss

Raidra
07-15-2004, 05:47 PM
Okay, for those of you who read my last post, great news. I'm so happy I could burst.. I started crying on the phone when my husband told me about this. I'm so happy for him.

His boss took him aside today and said that 1) they'll reimburse him for the tickets to FL (which means that we'll get $561 in addition to the Orbitz credit that we may be able to use later this year), that 2) they've found someone to permanently fill his position as Systems Administrator, that 3) he'll be permanently moved out of IS and into Advanced Product Development as a Systems Engineer, and that 4) he'll be getting a $15k raise, even with the payraise freeze still on. He was so excited on the phone, he's amazed that in four years his salary has gone up a total of $45k (a lot of that was because he was living in FL, and moved to MA, so COL differences) and he's not even 26 yet and has never gone to college. But honestly, this man is so intelligent and such a hardworker, that I'm not surprised at all. Proud, yes, but I've always known he'd do well. ;)

Seriously, I am on cloud nine I'm so excited for him. Yes, the money is GREAT, but I'm just so proud of him, and so glad that they're finally acknowledging his hard work. His boss told him that he and the CEO of the company had sat down and talked about what amazing work he's been doing, and how he really needs to be compensated appropriately.

They're also pretty confident that this new product will do really well, so the bonus is likely afterall. :) Looks like we won't have to be looking into bankruptcy this fall, hooray.

Yay! Just thought I'd share.. I don't want to tell the rest of my family, because I want to save that for my husband.. but I had to tell someone. :D

ETA several glowing remarks.. I can't help it. ;)

Marisa6826
07-15-2004, 05:57 PM
Sounds like the Florida debacle was a blessing in disguise!

Congrats!!

-m

momathome
07-15-2004, 05:58 PM
Rachel - That is fabulous news! How wonderful that they are recognizing his hard work and awarding him appropriately. Enjoy yhe payraise and plan a nice little vaction for the 2 of you - you guys deserve it!

caleymama
07-15-2004, 06:03 PM
That's WONDERFUL! I didn't get a chance to reply to your other post, but this sure makes a good case for karma or something. He was doing the right thing even when it was tough and boy did it pay off, huh? Enjoy your vacation when you do get to take it!

new_mommy25
07-15-2004, 06:14 PM
Woo-hoo Rachel, talk about cloud 9!!! I'm so happy for you and your family :) :) :)

LD92599
07-15-2004, 10:19 PM
Rachel:

That is WONDERFUL news!! Isn't it nice when something decent comes out of something not-so-nice? I'm sure you'll have a super vacation now (even with the in laws!).

Laura
mom to William

http://homepage.mac.com/ld14m

McQ
07-16-2004, 10:20 AM
Wow. I read your other post and felt so sorry for you all that your DH was being taken so advantage of. Glad the company woke up and realized that they need to take care of their employees.

A big congrats to your husband and enjoy your vacation!

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03
and number 2 EDD 9.14.04

starrynight
07-16-2004, 11:13 AM
Congrats to your dh, you have a right to be proud! And yay on the ticket reimbursement!

amp
07-16-2004, 11:28 AM
That is so great Rachel! I know you thought your husband deserved a lot more appreciation for his hard work, and it looks like he's getting it!