PDA

View Full Version : Blister on DD's finger -- should I do anything?

miki
07-16-2004, 11:27 AM
I just noticed this yesterday but she won't let me get a good look. It seems like a blister on the finger that she sucks for comfort. It looks like it would be about the place where her new tooth would be touching her finger. It doesn't seem to bother her. She still sucks her finger. She'd stop or cry if it hurt, right?

Could this be anything else? She had a fever a few days ago but then the drool started running so I'm pretty sure the fever was teething related. Should I do anything? DH said I should put a band-aid on it to keep her from irritating it. I thought that was a bad idea since she sucks her finger to fall asleep and the band-aid could come off in her mouth when I wasn't there to see.

sntm
07-16-2004, 12:52 PM
I wouldn't do the bandaid for the reasons you mentioned. I'd only consider it for protection from popping, but not if it interfered with her being able to suck on it.

Definitely don't succumb to the temptation to pop it! It will reabsorb on its own.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

jubilee
07-16-2004, 06:49 PM
My DS also gets blisters/cracked tough skin from sucking his thumb. When I saw the ped recently, she said to not worry about it. Or only put aquaphor on it... but since he would suck the aquaphor off, I won't put it on.