PDA

View Full Version : What Happened to the Original BBB Pin Design?

August Mom
07-18-2004, 12:32 PM
Thanks to everyone who submitted a design for the pin competition. They look great and I'm sure that it took a lot of time and effort to put them together. However, for some reason, I'm still stuck on the design that was originally posted when this idea was being floated around. I know a couple other people mentioned that too in earlier posts. It's probably a little late now, but I was disappointed to see that it wasn't one of the submissions eligible for voting.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/9327.jpg

papal
07-18-2004, 01:48 PM
Ack! I did not think to submit it to the competition... that took me about 1 minute to draw and as such i thought it was a very 'raw' and silly drawing! Oh well. :(

lukkykatt
07-18-2004, 03:01 PM
I liked that one too! I picked the one in the competition that looked most like it. I guess I like raw and silly :)

LucyG
07-18-2004, 03:03 PM
It was my favorite, too!

candybomiller
07-18-2004, 03:20 PM
Yeah, this one was my favorite too. :( Sad to not see it in the competition.

jd11365
07-18-2004, 04:01 PM
I like this and the others, but what I like best is BBB rather than Ba Ba Bo. Anytime we ever refer to this board it's always BBB.

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
May '03

papal
07-18-2004, 04:24 PM
Jamie, we did not want to infringe on any copyrights and such... that is why the BBB is not really allowed.

barbarhow
07-18-2004, 04:24 PM
I agree Jamie.

gour0
07-18-2004, 05:09 PM
This was my favorite as well.

jasabo
07-18-2004, 05:38 PM
I loved this drawing too. The drawing of the mom holding the baby on her shoulders (#5 I think) was similar, which is why I chose it. I would have preferred "BaBaBo" under it though, like the "BBB" is under this one.

I really like the "rudimentary-ness" of it. It adds to it's charm :) And those 3 little hairs sticking up just crack me up!

Lisa - mom to 1 yr old twin boys

llcoddington
07-18-2004, 06:20 PM
Yep, this was my favorite too!

Lana
mommy to Lauren 12/5/03

August Mom
07-18-2004, 06:28 PM
I agree. I don't like the use of Ba Ba Bo at all because it has no significance to me. We don't refer to this board this way. And, although not offering an official legal opinion on this, I don't see why "BBB" would violate copyright or trademark laws because that abbreviation is not something that Alan and Denise use in their books or to market them. Rather, BBB is just an Internet abbreviation that we've come up with like LOL, FWIW, etc. Plus, I have a feeling if one of our moderators contacted Alan and Denise directly, they wouldn't have a problem with BBB being used on a pin. If anyone asked about it, it would be great marketing to tell the inquirer about Baby Bargains books (and the message board if you want to share that information).

Just my .02.

Marisa6826
07-18-2004, 08:37 PM
Gotta say this one is my fave too.

Can we have a run off of this design and whatever wins on the other thread?

-m

pritchettzoo
07-18-2004, 09:12 PM
My favorite too.

Anna

JElaineB
07-18-2004, 09:33 PM
I totally agree. I do not like the "BaBaBo" at all, which influenced which design I voted for. I don't think that using "BBB" is any type of copyright or trademark violation whatsoever.

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

jasabo
07-18-2004, 09:49 PM
My only prob with BBB is it brings to mind Better Business Bureau.

I usually just refer to this board as "bb" for bulletin board. We could always just leave out an acronym all together. Or just use "The Board" or "THE board" since this really is THE board of all boards and the book is THE book of all books :)Actually, now that I think about it, is the pin referring to the book or the board? Or both? Maybe it should just say "Baby Bargains" which includes the book and the board. I think, as usual, I'm making things more confusing then they need to be :) Forget I said anything.

Lisa

papal
07-18-2004, 09:50 PM
While i am so flattered that you liked the primitive baby drawing, it will be very unfair to the other entrants if we have a run-off with it because the whole idea was to keep the designers names anonymous. So let us leave it at that, shall we?! Maybe he can reenter the competition if we make stickers and such. :)

But let the BaBaBo and BBB debate continue!! :)

stillplayswithbarbies
07-18-2004, 10:49 PM
I thought this board was referred to as "BBBB" (Baby Bargains Book Board). That's how I've always seen it in emails, and in real life talk about it.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

August Mom
07-18-2004, 10:51 PM
I think the pin refers to the Baby Bargains Board, but BBB could stand for either Baby Bargains Book or Baby Bargains Board. You are right that the Better Business Bureau does use the acronym BBB, but I highly doubt there would be any confusion when the initials are placed on a baby's diaper or on a baby carriage or some other baby-related item.

jubilee
07-18-2004, 11:58 PM
BBBB (4 Bs) would give it a distintion from the Better Business Bureau.

August Mom
07-19-2004, 12:06 AM
Hmm. I've always seen it BBB, which I thought was Baby Bargains Board.

JElaineB
07-19-2004, 01:06 AM
That's how I've always seen it referred to here too. I even have "BBB" on my shortcut icon for getting here.

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

khakismom
07-19-2004, 01:13 AM
I can't remember ever seeing it as BBBB, only BBB. And like a previous poster said, I don't think a pin with a baby or child would ever be confused with the Better Business Bureau.

I just know that I don't like BaBaBo. It holds absolutely no significance since we've never used that terminology to describe this board.

Just my $.02. :)

tippy
07-19-2004, 02:11 AM
Did anyone run it by the Fields to see if they would mind? Maybe it would be worth it. Ya never know!

tippy
07-19-2004, 02:15 AM
I wouldn't vote for this just because you came up with it Rashmi. I happen to really like it! You could always reveal the other "designers". I think we are all mature enough to vote based on our preference of the design over the preference of the designer but that's JMO. I also like BBB.

luvbeinmama
07-19-2004, 02:16 AM
No, no, I think he should be included!! I can tell which ones you designed anyway, so I don't think that will really matter.

And how about this for text (curve the top part):

Bargains?

( picture here)

Baby, I'm there!

TaChapm
07-19-2004, 11:40 AM
It is the one I liked best as well. I was sooo disappointed to see it was not in the running.
Tara
Mommy to Jackson 11-10-02

gour0
07-19-2004, 12:02 PM
http://www.bbb.org/cimages/mainLogo.gif

I don't see how there can be a copywrite on the initials. It looks like their design is a registered trademark, but that includes the torch.

amp
07-19-2004, 12:06 PM
Just adding my 2 cents, for whatever it's worth...

I loved the original pin idea from Rashmi, but I also voted for her other design in the competition. I would not be disappointed to see another vote run with this original one in the running!

Don't like BaBaBo since I've never referred to the board that way.

I like BBB, since that's how I refer to it. But, it doesn't have to have any initials for it to be cute and represent us.

stillplayswithbarbies
07-19-2004, 12:12 PM
maybe the BBBB came from the old website which was babybargainsbook.com , back before the Fields got the rights to the babybargains.com domain.

Maybe I'm an oldtimer LOL

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

amp
07-19-2004, 12:24 PM
Rashmi I understand that you want to be diplomatic, but if that's the design people love, then doesn't that better represent us?

Melanie
07-19-2004, 12:35 PM
Okay, I just wanted to suggest that if so many people like Rashmi's design, to throw it into the re-vote along with the other top vote-receivers.

And FWIW, I am a designer included in the other thread, and it doesn't bother me to put Rashmi's in. I'd rather we use what the majority wants.

jec2
07-19-2004, 01:43 PM
I like this one too and have been thinking why don't we just use "BB" which could stand for "Baby Bargains" but also for "baby!"

sugarsnappea
07-19-2004, 01:46 PM
I love BBB primitive baby! Please put it in the runnning with the top four.