PDA

View Full Version : Horrible, Horrible Night

Raidra
07-18-2004, 12:47 PM
Well, I suppose I had it coming. I was a bit too proud of how well Colwyn has been sleeping lately, and last night proved me wrong. He had been sleeping from 7:30-8:00 until 6:00-7:00 with just one waking for a bottle. Yesterday morning he woke up for the day at 4:40am. Ugh. We gave him a bottle and tried for an hour to put him back to sleep, but it was a no go. Naturally, his whole schedule was thrown off for the day, and at 7:09pm, I couldn't keep him up any longer, so to sleep he went. For the whole entire night, he woke up screaming every two hours, and took at least a half hour to sooth back to sleep. The firs time he did it I thought he sounded a little sniffly, but wasn't sure.. and I didn't want to turn on all the lights to do a boogie-sucking. After about a half hour, I gave him some teething tablets, thinking maybe he was teething, and he fell asleep shortly after that. And on it went ALL night. We gave him teething tablets every other waking (I wasn't sure if it was safe to give them 2 hours apart), and on those times, he fell asleep right after the tablets. The other times, he would either scream and scream and scream until some indeterminate point, fall asleep in our arms, then waking screaming as soon as we set him down in the crib.

We ended up giving him a lot of bottles.. he drank at least 14 ounces, when he normally only drinks 4. He also drank 2 6 ounce bottles, when he's never taken more than 4 ounces at a time.

This morning, his nose was like a faucet.. so we've been using the boogie sucker all day. He's also been drooling an enormous amount - we had to put a bib on him for the first time in months.

So, what's going on here? Is it possible that he's teething, going through a growth spurt, and has a cold all at the same time? I'm really not looking forward to tonight...

diekatze
07-18-2004, 01:04 PM
Same here. I am going through same thing for at least week and a half. My DS is 11 month old and has been good at night since he was 4 month old.

Somehow he's waking up at night, not just to sooth back to sleep but for play(at leat 2 hours...). Naps are all off and some feeding schedule is off too.

One night, I was so tired and frustrated that I even thought about cry out method but am holding off on that. Not only for my sake but my DS is not fuctioning normally during the day. He knocks himself on the floor even at sitting position(not normall for him), cries then happy etc. Cranky then suddenly in good mood. Can't expect anyhing and he always look tired. It really made me worried.

Tried CIO for 5 mimutes then gave up because my heart was tearing apart to see my baby cry so much. Sorry can't help you but you are not the only one. Hoping that this will pass very soon for both of us.

This is my post on CIO...
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=18&topic_id=10554&mesg_id=10554&page=

slknight
07-18-2004, 01:33 PM
Sorry you had such a bad night. I've certainly been there. Have you tried motrin? It very well could be teething. I had a few nights where Alex was waking up about every hour to hour and a half (5 times between 12 and 5)! I finally tried motrin one night and he slept about 5 hours straight.

barbarhow
07-18-2004, 04:31 PM
Sounds just like what Jack does when he has an ear infection. Along with the runny nose, too. Can you get a quick check of his ears?
Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03