PDA

View Full Version : OT: LT Playhouse sprayed w/ant spray. Help!

lukkykatt
07-19-2004, 02:02 PM
Grr. Did not even know where to post this, but DH sprayed our playhouse with ant spray while I was away with the boys. What is the best way to clean it to remove the spray? Soap and water? Some kind of bleach mixture? Any help appreciated!

I don't know why anytime DH gets involved in a project, it ends up meaning more work for me, but that is for another post!

Tondi G
07-19-2004, 02:04 PM
I would think that simple dishwashing liquid and water and a good scrubbing would do the trick... rinse well. If you are really nervous about ti then you can do a bleach and water sloution... again RINSE well!!!!

Good luck

~Tondi and Mason 7/8/01

amp
07-19-2004, 04:07 PM
I'd probably hose it down with some soap and water and maybe a bleach/water solution and rinse it well! good luck!

miki
07-19-2004, 04:54 PM
If it's a material like wood, I'd want to give it a pressure wash to make sure to get the pesticide rinsed out of the grain.

lisams
07-19-2004, 05:21 PM
Personally I would not use bleach for fear of a chemical reaction, I would just use a mild soap and water and wash with a sponge. Most bug sprays are safe after they have dried, but I would wash it also, just to be safe.

Lisa

crl
07-19-2004, 07:22 PM
I wouldn't bother with the bleach--it kills germs but I doubt it will help get rid of the pesticide. First I'd read the label from the spray and see if it says anything useful. Then I'd try calling the manufacturer and see what they suggest. If neither of those helps, I'd go with hosing it down real good.