PDA

View Full Version : Pic of my mommy chop and John Patrick in his baptismal outfit...m-

sbjf
07-19-2004, 03:59 PM
Hi!!!

I feel like I've been away forever!

Below is a pic of me with my mommy chop, I love it, I was so tired of the pony tail, and my sweet and handsome John Patrick in his Baptismal Tuxedo! Yes, TUXEDO, it even has tails! His Godmother picked it out, she's a NY'er and this is the in thing apparently. I was a little, ahem, surprised at the tux at first, I am very traditional, but it grew on me and everyone seemed to love it.

We have more pics on the website, but not all of them because many are in other people's cameras. I have to get them from the others though because we didn't have a good one of just me, dh and JP and one of JP alone on his blanket.

So we are doing tummy sleeping again. I had tried it at 6 weeks but it didn't work, he would scoot too much and get in corners then wake up cause he couldn't get out. Now he's doing fine with it, just stays in one place for the most part, don't ask me why, maybe cause he's bigger, more calm? Anyway, he's on his tummy for naps and night sleep and it's going SO WELL. I was so sick and tired of struggling to swaddle him. Now I dress him in a sleeper with feet or a gown, lay him on his belly in the cradle and put a nice crocheted blanket over his bottom half and bunch it around his sides and legs to make him feel secure. As a matter of fact, that could be why he's not scooting, because he feels secure due to that blanket. I had read on a SIDS board that crocheted blankets are ok since they have holes and therefore the baby could still breathe through it if it did get over his nose.

I do find one arm going through the cradle's spindles so I might get a breathable bumper and try him in the crib again. (I have removed the bumpers from the cradle-rather him get a bit caught then smothered!). I may go to BRU today and get that actually.

The reason I have him in the cradle is because when I put him in the crib on his tummy at 6 weeks he would scoot out of the range of the Angel Care motion and sound monitor we have so the monitor couldn't detect his breathing movement and it would go off. In the cradle, even when he would scoot he stayed within range since it's smaller. But, now that he's not scooting I can probably put him back in the crib. As he gets bigger, even if he does scoot the monitor will be able to pick him up since he'll be big enough to still have part of his body on the monitor section I imagine.

So that's my big update!

He's napping in his cradle right now, thank goodness, I had to really encourage it though, rocking, quiet room, (with sound machine), semi-dim room, and night time sleep position. I guess that's what I'll have to do because he doesn't typically just nap anywhere he is. He's been napping since 12:38 and now it's 3! YEAH BABY!!

Hope everyone is good, I've got to catch up!!

Edited to add pic...
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/9361.jpg

amp
07-19-2004, 04:05 PM
You both look gorgeous!

NEVE and TRISTAN
07-19-2004, 05:19 PM
Oh so sweet!!!!!!
You look beautiful!!!!
Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

khakismom
07-19-2004, 05:33 PM
Bonnie, I love your haircut--so cute. And JP is quite the handsome man in his tux. What a cutie!

votre_ami03
07-19-2004, 06:24 PM
JP is a doll & that tux is too cute! Oh how neat.

Cute new "do" too!

Christy, mommy to Nolan 7/22/03

jd11365
07-19-2004, 08:18 PM
You look FABULOUS and JP is quite the little man in his tux...personally I think he looks adorable!

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
May '03

TaChapm
07-19-2004, 11:37 PM
How Cute! Gosh he is getting big! You look great as well! Glad to have you back around.

Tara
Mommy to Jackson 11-10-02

babymama
07-20-2004, 01:02 AM
So, so cute! Love those tux shoes.
Mama to Santiago, born 11/16/03

lrucci
07-20-2004, 01:09 AM
Bonnie your hair looks great. John Patrick is so adorable in his little tux.

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh 7/19/03

smomom
07-20-2004, 10:01 AM
you are both so beautiful. thanks for sharing your precious picture with us.

MelissaTC
07-20-2004, 11:21 AM
Awww...what a cutie! He is adorable! And you look great!