PDA

View Full Version : 2 year molars at 16 months?

barbarhow
07-19-2004, 08:28 PM
Is this possible? Jack was up all night last night obviously in pain. No fever, not pulling on his ears. Ibuprofen definately helped. I have searched on line but from what I've read this sounds really early. He has all of his other teeth. His 1st years and eye teeth came in over a month ago. TIA.
Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03

Marisa6826
07-19-2004, 08:43 PM
Barb-

I don't think it's unreasonable to suspect the two year molars at all. Sophie's been doing the same thing for months. My dentist told me that they have to come all the way up through their little jaws, so it takes a while.

My Ped said the same and said to keep dosing her up with Motrin at night.

-m

Elilly
07-19-2004, 08:45 PM
DD did the same thing around 17 months and then it subsided. Now it's back again. My ped. cousin seemed to think that it was the 2 year molars and that they often take a while to come in. DH is 20 months and I still don't see anything but every few weeks she has a bout of not wanting to eat and wakefullness at night.

Karenn
07-20-2004, 12:26 AM
*I* noticed Colin's two year molars coming in at 18 months and they very well could have started coming in before then. He started chewing on his fist and drooling just like he had when he was teeny tiny. All of his teeth came early so I wasn't too surprised that these showed up early too. Stock up on Motrin! These ones took forever at our house!

bnme
07-20-2004, 08:42 AM
My DS is 18 months and has all 4 of his 2yr molars in for a while now! (They are the ones behind the 1st molar, right?). He cut his 1st tooth at 4 months and all others followed quickly.