PDA

View Full Version : Help! When do I tell my new boss that I'm PG?

mommy_someday
07-20-2004, 11:41 AM
Hi, I'm a first-timer here and quit my job of six years last month in part due to how they treated me when I told them I was pg (they decided I was not manager-material anymore and demoted me, although I had no prior warnings and had been a GOOD mgr for nearly two years. Of course, they came up with some other bogus reason, but I saw through that...)

Anyway, I've been hunting for a job since I quit over a month ago and I finally found one (hooray!) at a local hospital. I talked to several people (friends, placement agencies, and a labor & employment lawyer), all of whom said NOT to tell anyone I was pg at interviews because they would unconsciously discriminate. So I didn't. I start my new job next Monday 7/26 and I am just past the 3-month mark, so I'm not really showing yet (things are just fitting a little snug! :O) I don't know when is a good time to tell my new boss that I'm pg and due in January. I'm stressing pretty hard about this one since I've felt less than truthful the whole time I've been interviewing.

Any advice or suggestions?

Erica, EDD 1/18/05 #1