PDA

View Full Version : also way OT~ best way to get glass shower doors CLEAN and STAY clean??

fauve01
07-21-2004, 01:40 PM
we're moving to a house with *three* tubs with these glass shower doors (i hate them!) and need to know how to get them clean. also, how do you get them to stay clean after they're clean?? Cleaning bathrooms is my most hated job, so i have to figure out how to do this! PLEASE tell me there are some tricks for this!!

i want DH to take the doors down, but i bet it will be a while before he gets to it. getting baby gates up on the stairs will be more important!

TIA!

Anne + DD, 10-03

fauve01
07-21-2004, 01:42 PM
nt

sugarsnappea
07-21-2004, 02:05 PM
I use Rainex about once a month on mine. I also use a squegee after I shower to eliminate the water spots. HTH :)

LD92599
07-21-2004, 02:07 PM
I'm curious about this as well...one of our bathrooms has frosted sliding doors; the other is a stall shower w/ clear glass. I *hate* seeing the streaks, etc. Love 'em right after I cleam them though!

One thing I do like about having the doors is that's the tub I bathe DS in...i can leave his toys, etc in there and just shut the door!

Laura
mom to William

http://homepage.mac.com/ld14m

TonFirst
07-21-2004, 02:33 PM
Do you have a squeegee? If you have glass shower doors, you MUST also have a squeegee - you can buy them at Target or Pep Boys or wherever - but they are essential to keeping the doors streak-free.

We have clear glass shower doors in our master bathroom, and the last person to shower every morning must squeegee the entire shower stall - glass doors and the tile - before they exit the shower. It makes a huge difference, and our doors stay streak-free for two weeks, which is the frequency that the house cleaners come to clean everything.

I'm deeply intrigued by Mrs. Meyers shower spray. I am addicted to Mrs. Meyers lavendar products, and I just saw the shower spray at Whole Foods this past weekend. Has anyone tried it?

hjdong
07-21-2004, 03:00 PM
To get them clean initially, I've found CLR works really well - 1/2 CLR and 1/2 water, then the rainex and the squeegee for maintenance. Also, car wax on the walls of a shower works just like rainex for the door.

HTH

hez
07-21-2004, 03:52 PM
I HATE cleaning bathrooms-- my solution was for my cleaners to take care of it. My ultimate solution is like yours: we remodeled the bathroom a couple years ago and the doors were the first to go :)

Kimberly H
07-21-2004, 10:07 PM
Turtle Wax, as recommended by the folks who installed our doors :)

ohiomom
07-21-2004, 11:13 PM
Squeegee after each shower and then I clean it once a week while showering. I put some shower gel on one of the mesh scrubbies and scrub away at the doors and track.
Nicole's Mom 7/03

hwin708
07-22-2004, 04:42 AM
I use that spray stuff - you just spray it every day, no scrubbing. To be honest, it works out more like every 2-3 days, but it is beyond easy - I'm just even more beyond lazy.
I probably clean them for real with a sponge and glass cleaner 2 times every month...if they're lucky.

fauve01
07-22-2004, 01:53 PM
THANKS everyone!! I'm off to get a squeege and rainex or turtle wax! and the bottle of daily squirt on stuff. great ideas.

btw, in the master bath, the shower and tub are separate, so even after DH takes the doors off the other tubs, looks like i will be cleaning that shower stall glass. oh well!

Thanks a lot.

Anne