PDA

View Full Version : Morning Sickness in 3rd Trimester

cara1
07-22-2004, 03:27 PM
Second trimester was nice. I'm 29 weeks now, and getting nauseated again. I don't remember this from my last pregnancy. It's not indigestion or heartburn, it's nausea. Just like in the beginning. I'm back on sucking candies again. Anyone else have this?

Imperia
07-22-2004, 03:53 PM
I did. I had M/S (or all day sickness) for most of my pregnancy. I received a short reprieve from about week 24 to week 30 or 32 or so but then it came back. My OB says sometimes it does come back, not much I can reccomend other than do whatever works for you!

Sorry you feel sick!

Imperia

amazz
07-22-2004, 04:53 PM
I just started my 3rd trimester as well and though I haven't had morning sickness (didn't have a ton in the first) I have that run down, feel like I am coming down with something feeling. All I want to do is sleep (which is what I did for the first 3 mos). I read in a couple of preggo books that the hormone surges could be to blame for the 1st trimester symptoms in the 3rd trimester.

Sorry your feeling sick again!! :( Hopefully it won't last too long!

Angela
EDD 10/15/04

pamela mom of 3
07-22-2004, 06:04 PM
Yes, one PG i felt sick the whole way through x(

You tried sea bands? They helped a bit with me....
Good luck! i hated that feeling LOL

~Pamela Mom Of 3

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/kao/otn/blobflower.gif

dowlinal
07-22-2004, 06:46 PM
Unfortunately I was one of the "lucky" few who had morning sickness for my entire pregnancy. In fact the last time I got sick was around midnight on Feb 11th and I gave birth on Feb 12th. It was really really bad for the first trimester, tolerable during the 2nd, and then got worse again during the third. I think that the whole third trimester fullness baby pressing on everything was part of it because I noticed that I was more likely to get sick if I ate alot. Very small meals and carbs helped alot. I loved the 99 cent baked potatos at Wendy's.

bunnisa
07-22-2004, 11:03 PM
yes, unfortunately! I threw up _every_single_morning_ for 7 months. Then it abated, only to return for the last few weeks. At least candies work for you!! Nothing helped me at all, I just had to get sick and get it over with. Maybe it will go away again?

Sorry, I think I just provided absolutely no encouragement!!!!

Bethany
It's a Boy!
William Eric
6/03

Karenn
07-22-2004, 11:26 PM
Cara,
That is so unfair!! I've only ever heard of people having morning sickness the whole time. I've never heard of it going away and then coming back!! That's just awful!

Sarah1
07-24-2004, 02:51 PM
I did. I could barely eat anything, I would feel so sick afterward. I actually LOST weight in my third trimester (fortunately I gained plenty in my 2nd!!! Cheetos and egg salad, anyone???????? oops, hope i didn't make you more nauseous there, hee hee) :P

cdmamatutu
07-24-2004, 09:42 PM
I had mild morning sickness during 1st trimester with my second child, then nothing in 2nd trimester. 3rd trimester it returned, and I noticed that it seemed to show up only when I was not getting enough rest. Chasing a toddler during pregnancy can be exhausting, and I *had* to nap during ds's nap if I wanted to make it through dinner. :)

You might try napping daily. Can't hurt, anyway. :)
Jaina

Judegirl
07-25-2004, 08:14 AM
No reprieve here. Sick the whole way through. Carbs helped a little...sea bands helped a little...other than that, sleep as much as you can. Forget everything else and sleep.

Hang in there...it'll be over soon! :)

Jude