PDA

View Full Version : Do you still watch MTV?

lmariana
07-22-2004, 06:16 PM
Just curious!

Marisa6826
07-22-2004, 06:17 PM
I voted No, when the reality is that I only watch one show - the pimped car one.

It just cracks me up ;)

-m

lmariana
07-22-2004, 06:20 PM
Haha, yes! My husband loves that show. I'm ashamed to say that he "lowered" his car, and now he wants to get me some "pimped wheels". :)

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

http://lilypie.com/baby1/040814/1/3/0/-5/.png[/img] (img)

cdlamis
07-22-2004, 06:24 PM
YES! Only the reality shows though- I am addicted!!

I could give up cable all together and have thought about it but I cannot give up MTV. I love Real World, Road Rules, RR/RW Challenge (my fav), Newlyweds, True Life, and Punk'd.

I really only watch network shows and MTV. How pathetic am I??

Daniella
Mom to Julia 6-13-02
And baby #2 EDD 12-30-04!!

lmariana
07-22-2004, 06:28 PM
I live for the RW/RR Challenges! I'm pathetic too. :)

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

http://lilypie.com/baby1/040814/1/3/0/-5/.png[/img] (img)

brubeck
07-22-2004, 06:41 PM
We don't have cable so I couldn't watch it even if I wanted to. The sad part is though that back when we had cable I mostly watched VH1. Pop Up Video ROCKS! :)

MartiesMom2B
07-22-2004, 07:00 PM
MTV is my crack-cocaine. I love it and can't stop watching it. My friends make fun of me, my husband makes fun of me but I don't care. Even last night in bed as I was watching the trials and tribulations of Nick and Jessica, DH got all huffy about it and I left to go watch the rest of the show in peace.

Sonia http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/character/1/character03.gif
Proud Mommy to Martie

jk3
07-22-2004, 07:09 PM
I love the Real World, RW/RR Challenge + Cribs. My DH wathces Pimp My Car + Punk'd. It's not to keep me young persay, as I'm getting less hip each year, but I do love the reality shows!

Jenn
DS 6/03

amazz
07-22-2004, 07:15 PM
LOVE the Newlyweds!!! Makes me not feel so bad about my first year with my DH. :) Also watch Real World--I lived in San Diego for a year and really miss it so I bawled and bawled during the first episode where they showed all the sites around SD! I have also started watching the Ashlee Simpson show b/c it's on after Newlyweds. I actually think she is pretty good singer.

Angela
EDD 10/15/04

amazz
07-22-2004, 07:18 PM
Marisa--is that a new avatar you're sporting?! Her hair looks so cute. After one of your other posts I expected it to look just awful. Honestly I think that no matter what hair cut she had she would be just adorable! :)

Angela
EDD 10/15/04

brigmaman
07-22-2004, 07:23 PM
Ah...Pimp My Ride...gotta love that one!
We watch VH1 for the "I love the ..." series and MTV for Nick and Jessica.
ETA- The new A-Z celebrity series is pretty captivating as well!

llcoddington
07-22-2004, 07:28 PM
I LOVE The Newlyweds. Totally cracks me up. Also like watching Cribs and wishing for a big house!

Lana
mommy to Lauren 12/5/03

amp
07-22-2004, 07:28 PM
We downgraded our cable last year and I soooo miss Real World. It was truly a guilty pleasure and DH laughed at me that I taped it and wouldn't let him talk during it! I felt like I was giving up a drug habit or something! So I didn't vote. I'm not too cool for it, but can't watch it anymore. x(

beckyr88
07-22-2004, 07:52 PM
My god! I keep wondering when I'll be to old to *love* the Real World and the RW/RR Challenges! I am addicted. How pathetic is it that I've only missed one or two seasons of RW in over 10 years!!! Yikes. At least DH works evenings leaving me to watch my trash in peace ;)

mamicka
07-22-2004, 08:05 PM
>Even last night in bed as I was watching the
>trials and tribulations of Nick and Jessica, DH got all huffy
>about it and I left to go watch the rest of the show in peace.

This happens to me all the time... he calls them my "teeny-bopper shows". Who cares? I love them. (the shows, that is).

MelissaTC
07-22-2004, 10:04 PM
Why am I not surprised that you posted here???? LOL...

khakismom
07-22-2004, 10:55 PM
I voted yes, but the only show I watch on MTV is the RW/RR challenges. I LOVE THEM!

jbowman
07-22-2004, 11:15 PM
DH loves that show!

parkersmama
07-22-2004, 11:36 PM
Trish...we're addicted to the "I Love the..." series, too! Takes me back...(how freakin' sad is that?! LOL!).

sweetbasil
07-23-2004, 05:16 AM
Besides Netflix, MTV was the only thing that kept me awake when DS#2 got up for night feedings- and for a while there, I actually knew the new songs coming out! :D

Newlyweds, Punk'd, and I Love the... are all so fun to watch, too!

zen_bliss
07-23-2004, 06:42 AM
i wish it still lived up to the name "music" and actually showed videos more than 'programming'. it's more like a crap reality network. i find punk'd more cruel than funny. i get sucked into some of the shows of course, then i feel slimy for watching pure garbage. that said, i am unabashedly hooked on VH1s "i love the..." series. hal sparks doing a conversation between 'sling blade' and forrest gump slayed me.

MartiesMom2B
07-23-2004, 09:40 AM
Here's proof that my friends make fun of me. LOL

Sonia http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/character/1/character03.gif
Proud Mommy to Martie

mary b
07-23-2004, 09:57 AM
That is the only show I watch too.. Does anyone know when the new RW/RR challenge is starting?? DH thinks I have stooped to a new TV low with that one so it is nice to have company! I love it!

Mary

Sarah1
07-23-2004, 10:17 AM
DH and I both love Newlyweds!! I think Jessica and Nick are adorable!

This isn't MTV, but my DH likes watching Soul Train on Saturday mornings :P

stillplayswithbarbies
07-23-2004, 12:26 PM
I didn't post to this thread because the last time I watched MTV with any regularity, they still showed videos all day long. :)

and it just occurred to me that most of you are too young to remember a time when there was no MTV :::sigh::: :)

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

Marisa6826
07-23-2004, 12:44 PM
Angela-

It is indeed a new avatar. You have to see it in person to really appreciate the masterpiece :P.

Thanks for the compliment. I will be sure to pass it along to Sophie ;)

-m

starrynight
07-23-2004, 12:46 PM
I voted yes because I once in awhile do, but for the most part I don't anymore. Either because I don't want certain videos/song lyrics on infront of the kids or I don't like the stuff they put on anymore.

momma_boo
07-23-2004, 12:47 PM
Funny. I was just spent most of Wednesday evening watching Newlyweds/Ashlee Simpson. DH thinks I am nuts, but I think he is secretly amused/bewildered by Jessica Simpson.

I do enjoy Punk'ed once in a while - when it's funny, rather than cruel.

I am also fascinated by Cribs as well. I always wish I could have a house even half that size (unless it's a struggling actor. Heh, sometimes my house seems nicer than theirs, LOL!)

I have to admit that I did feel old/out of it during a MTV-sponsored public service announcement about getting tested. Showed some high school boy and girl talking about being exclusive and getting tested. Huh? Are they telling high school kids to get tested for STD's/HIV these days?

Marisa6826
07-23-2004, 12:48 PM
Um. I remember a time before MTV - and when cable boxes still had a long wire that ran to a little box with pushdown buttons and a knob on the side that you pushed down to one of three positions ;).

-m

alkagift
07-23-2004, 12:48 PM
I don't have cable, so there's not much choice, but when I traveled a lot for business I have to say I never watched it. Occasionally would watch VH1's specials on a particular artist I liked, but when I'm traveling I'd rather watch HGTV.

So much for being cool..*snort*.

Allison
Mommy to Matthew Clayton, 5/19/03

TonFirst
07-23-2004, 12:49 PM
Y'all, it must be the pregnancy hormones, but every time I watch Pimp My Ride - Every. Single. Time. - that show brings tears to my eyes.

I mean, the kid with the kidney transplant who had his crappy CRV tripped out? The girl with the Baja Bug who was putting herself through college? The kid who carpooled his baby sister around and who got the brand-new Scion? It is the most heartwarming show ever. I cry like a baby when those kids get their new cars.

(I am insane. I know this.)

Teri
EDD 11/30 - boy

wagner36
07-23-2004, 06:00 PM
I'm completely addicted to the challenge shows too - the next time they have one, we should do a fantasy team league - it is all set up on mtv.com (free), and you pick your players based on fighting, crying, making out, etc. It is pretty ridiculous, but kind of fun. DH and I were in a league last year with my siblings (obviously younger) and, actually my parents (my dad one, lol) and it was pretty funny. Just something to think about!