PDA

View Full Version : During pregnancy how did you carry your babies?

StaceyKim
07-23-2004, 06:37 PM
I am curious. I have carried the same with both of my kids (a boy and a girl except I was a bigger basketball with DS). Both basketballs. Everywhere I go people say "you must be having a boy because I couldn't even tell you were pregnant from the back". I know it is an old wives tale...

lizajane
07-24-2004, 11:18 AM
i guess i was a basketball, if that means i didn't look pregnant from the back. but i don't know about this one yet. i am not showing at all and i don't know if she is a she or he is a he!

but i have different friends who gained tons of weight all over with a girl and a boy, and friends who gained NO weight (basketball style, i guess) with a boy and a girl.

so the wives' tale didn't hold true about weight gain all over with a girl in my crowd.

daisymommy
07-24-2004, 01:31 PM
When I was pregnant with Josh, I looked like I had a long watermelon under my shirt going lengthwise (up and down). I wanted to strangle all my cute friends who were pregant and looked like they were just carrying a mini-basketball, but weren't pregnant anywhere else!

stillplayswithbarbies
07-24-2004, 02:22 PM
I looked exactly the same both times. I guess you would call it a long watermelon, going up and down. But I didn't gain anywhere else and didn't look pregnant at all from the back. I actually get thinner in my face and legs and butt when I am pregnant.

I have a long torso, and I am tall, so there is plenty of room for baby to stretch out in there. In fact, my babies don't have their legs all drawn up and bent when they are newborns, they lay straight out.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03