PDA

View Full Version : TIME TO BUY YOUR BBB PINS !!!!!!!!

rrosen
07-26-2004, 09:31 AM
I am very pleased to announce that we are ready to start taking your orders for pins.
PLEASE READ THIS WHOLE POST because we have a lot of exciting information to share with you all!

Pins will be for sale at www.babyomine.com Anna (pritchettzoo) has generously provided her site to set up the pin sales and raffles for us. Thank you so much Anna!

Pins will cost $7 for one shipping included or $5 each for 2 or more.
Right below where you order the pin is a place to add additional money for Samuel if you wish.

Several of our BBB members have also donated items for Raffles. We have some great prizes to offer. Please visit the raffle section for the details of each prize. We will be adding more raffles to this section over the next few days so please visit and buy tickets OFTEN!

We would also like to direct your attention to the sponsor part of Anna's site. Please visit our sponsor’s stores!

Please take some time to look around Anna's store as well!

Pins are currently in production. We hope to start shipping in about 3 weeks.

Payment for any of the above can be made in several ways. We will accept funded paypal, checks (we will email you a mailing address if you chose this option) or cc. If you choice to use a CC we would appreciate it if you would add the fees to your donation since paying these fees will decrease the amount of our profit for Samuel.
The formula is:

Grand Total + .30 divided by .971

Example for buying one pin:
Grand Total = $7
+ .30 = $7.30
/ .971 = $7.52

You would send $7.52, PayPal will subtract .52 ($7.52 * 2.9% + .30) and the full $7 is received.

Thank you all for your patience with this process.
NOW GO SHOP!!!!!!!

Thank you!
Rebecca, Rashmi and Kerri!

miki
07-26-2004, 10:26 AM
bump

icunurse
07-26-2004, 10:27 AM
Mayeb I missed it, but how big are the pins? Just wondering how I would attach one to a diaper bag (ie. pierce the bag or big enough to attach around a part of the bag).

Traci
~Connor's Mom~
http://lilypie.com/baby1/050204/1/0/1/-6 (http://lilypie.com)

rrosen
07-26-2004, 10:34 AM
The pins will be a 3/4 inch square. They will have to be pierced through a bag or other item. The backing will look like the one in this picture on the far left.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/9640.jpg

mharling
07-26-2004, 10:48 AM
Rebecca -
If we buy more than one, does less money go to Samuel since the per pin cost is lower? I was wondering about trying to order for a small group to save on postage, but don't want to do that if less will go to Samuel.

If it is less for Samuel, could you let me know how much? Maybe I could still arrange a group order and 'make up' some of the money in the form of a donation. Or is there no point in trying to save on postage? I just don't know who's responsible for shipping and if it could also affect the bottom line.

Am I making any sense????

Mary
Lane 4/03
#2 on the way!!!
http://lilypie.com/days/050302/0/0/1/-6/.png

mharling
07-26-2004, 10:51 AM
Also, I have a formula to calculate how much should be added if paying by credit card. Would you like me to calculate and show some samples so people could figure it out?

Mary
Lane 4/03
#2 on the way!!!

rrosen
07-26-2004, 11:00 AM
Hi Mary!
Good questions,
I'll try to answer in the least complicated method as possible.

We are covering the cost of shipping. The pins are very small and light so the cost is minimal.I am doing a test run of mailing some sample pins to some folks today to see how much it will cost and how much packing is necessary. We may be able to mail one pin for just the cost of a stamp. The envelopes have been donated so there is no cost incurred there.

The short answer is that YES a little less money is earned on two pins vs. one but since we HOPE that we will sell more pins that way it should even out in the end. The more pins we sell the lower the per piece cost they have to us. I am not sure if that makes sense.

Sending out a group of pins will cost more to ship for us so, if people wanted to chip in a little extra we would not complain ;)

I hope that helps a little.
You can PM me if you want.

rrosen
07-26-2004, 11:01 AM
Mary,
That would be GREAT!
Thank you!

The fee is 2.9% plus .30 per transaction

kfcboston
07-26-2004, 11:10 AM
I haven't been staying on top to the pin development process, but I did just check out the site. I just had to say everything looks great - I'm totally impressed. I love what you guys are doing for us BBB moms and dads, and for Samuel! KUDOS!

mharling
07-26-2004, 11:20 AM
The formula is:

Grand Total + .30 divided by .971

Example for buying one pin:
Grand Total = $7
+ .30 = $7.30
/ .971 = $7.52

You would send $7.52, PayPal will subtract .52 ($7.52 * 2.9% + .30) and the full $7 is received.

Rebecca -
Feel free to copy and paste this into your original message.

Mary
Lane 4/03
#2 on the way!!!

NEVE and TRISTAN
07-26-2004, 12:44 PM
Hey ladies I'm already to start bidding but was not certain how????

Do I change the quanitiy to what I am willing to pay and then write in the comments...how is it done???

How do we know if we are the top bidder...

Thank you!
GREAT JOB!!!!!

Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

bunnisa
07-26-2004, 12:57 PM
I just wanted to say that I am SO IMPRESSED by how quickly, creatively, and professionally you've all pulled this together. It just underscores for me how influential this board has become, and what great things can be accomplished when women get together for a common purpose.

In the words of DH's old roommate: You So Rock. :D

Bethany
It's a Boy!
William Eric
6/03

papal
07-26-2004, 01:03 PM
Hey Neve... the raffle is more like a traditional raffle.. not an auction. So you just buy how many ever tickets you want, and then we pull the winning ticket out of a virtual hat and the person with that number is the winner. Does that explain it a little better? Thanks for buying tickets!!

jasabo
07-26-2004, 01:19 PM
Thanks, you guys, for doing all this work! I'm going to order my pin now and check out the raffles :)

Lisa - mom to 1 yr old twin boys

deenass
07-26-2004, 03:56 PM
I'm a little confused about the raffle tickets .... does one buy a tikcet (or tickets) for the specific "prize" they want (diaper bag, cards, etc) or is each ticket for any of the prizes.

Let me rephrase, if I buy one ticket, do I have the chance to win any prize, or if I wnat to win the diaper bag do i buy a "diaper bag" raffle ticket. Is that why the raffle tickets are different prices?

rrosen
07-26-2004, 04:52 PM
You buy tickets for the items you would like a chance to win. Each item has its own raffle.

HTH

amp
07-26-2004, 05:00 PM
Okay, now I'm confused. When I go to the website, there is a place to change the quantity of pins I want, as well as a place to add additional money for donation, but there is also an additional drop down menu. Which are we supposed to use?

NEVE and TRISTAN
07-26-2004, 05:23 PM
OHHHHHH, I guess I had "auction" on the brain, duh!!!!! Sorry my mine is slipping I swear :)...

Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

deborah_r
07-26-2004, 05:27 PM
I was confused about that too. I ordered two pins, and did so by using the drop-down menu and selecting 2 for $10...I was confused as to why it said add $3, but I'm guessing that means add $3 to the original $7. Anyway, my total came out OK, so I think I got it.

ETA: I just went back and did a little test. If you leave it on "1 pin at $7" and change the quzntity to 2, your total will be $14. So if you want the 2 for $10 deal, select the "2 pins for $10" option in the dropdown, but don't change your quantity.

mamicka
07-26-2004, 05:41 PM
I'd like to send a check. Could one of you lovely ladies send (PM) me an address?

Thanks!

deenass
07-26-2004, 06:04 PM
I would like to send a check as well .. pls send info to

deenas-s @ comcast.net (no spaces)

THANKS!

deenass
07-26-2004, 06:04 PM

THANKS!

deenass
07-26-2004, 06:05 PM

THANKS!

new_mommy25
07-26-2004, 07:06 PM
Just bought my pin. Thanks everyone!

crl
07-26-2004, 07:42 PM
Help, sorry! I tried to order by credit card but I think I messed up. I clicked on payment by credit card and I got an invoice by e-mail, but I never got a chance to provide my credit card number. Was I supposed to go through paypal? What should I do now?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help a confused BBBer!

barbarhow
07-26-2004, 08:15 PM
I would like to pay by check. I love the pin! Ilove the raffle items. I can't wait!!!! This is way too much fun for a Monday night.
Do I purchase the raffle tickets and the pins by check? Is that okay???? Thanks. my email is barbar how @yahoo .com (no spaces)Thanks!

dr mom
07-26-2004, 08:52 PM
Please e-mail or PM me info on where to mail my check!

Thanks!!
-Cindy

jbowman
07-26-2004, 09:05 PM
I placed my order this morning and received the order confirmation e-mail, but need an address to send my check! Thanks a million! I am so impressed by all of your hard work, and that website looks fantastic! You should be so proud of yourselves!

rrosen
07-26-2004, 09:55 PM
If you would like to send a check pick it from the drop down menu. Anna will be sending you the address with the invoice. It make take a day but, we will get to everyone.

Thanks!

rrosen
07-26-2004, 09:57 PM
It is coming!

Please see my answer above.
Thanks!

beckyr88
07-26-2004, 10:12 PM
I would like to pay by CC, but I can't figure out how to change the amount I send? I can't really edit in my cart, and I can't figure out how to edit in Pay Pal. Any help?

TIA!

mommd
07-27-2004, 10:52 AM
I need to know this too. I just tried to order but ended up hitting cancel in Paypal because I couldn't figure out how to add the fees.

rrosen
07-27-2004, 10:58 AM
You can add the extra under where it says add something for Samuel.

amp
07-27-2004, 11:05 AM
I will be paying by check too, and will be placing my order today. I don't know if picking check in the order will automatically trigger you guys to send me an address, but thought I'd note it here too.

rrosen
07-27-2004, 11:07 AM
It will!
Thanks

TaChapm
07-27-2004, 12:04 PM
I was just wondering how long the raffle will be going on and how long the pins will be for sale? I hate to flood you all with questions since you are doing so much and it is probably taking up a lot of your time but have we mentioned this anywhere?
BTW how are things going so far?
Tara
Mommy to Jackson 11-10-02

http://lilypie.com/baby2/021110/1/5/1/-6/.png

rrosen
07-27-2004, 12:30 PM
We don't have an exact end date for the pin sales. We are hoping to sell out. We ordered 300 pins and really want to sell them all. If they are not gone by the time the pins are ready to ship (3 weeks) we will end the sale for sure. We don't want to tie up Anna's store for too long!

So, buy your pins and raffle tickets quickly. This pin is a limited edition!

Sales are going fairly well and we hope to be in the profit zone by the end of the day!

pritchettzoo
07-27-2004, 12:46 PM
Thanks! I fixed it! Sorry about the confusion.

Anna

pritchettzoo
07-27-2004, 01:06 PM
Even if you've already bought your pins, please check out the new items up for "raffle."

Thanks!

Anna

JulieL
07-27-2004, 03:09 PM
I didn't read all these posts but, when I asked to be e-mailed and invoice for check payment there was no address for me to send the check. Could someone give me the addresss. Thanks

amp
07-27-2004, 03:43 PM
My confirmation and the address to send check to came separately. Just keep an eye out for it later today.

boys2enough
07-28-2004, 03:06 PM
Hi, Rebecca, Rashmi, Kerri, Thank you all so much for your hard work. I placed my order already. I wonder whether you have posted the same thread on the other forums (stroller, diaper bags, etc)? (Or maybe you intend the pins to be for BBBers who frequent the Forum only?) I know there are quite a few people who only visit the stroller board but never this forum. If you post there, maybe you will get more orders? Just a thought. Thank you again for the fabulous job. Thank you Anna for donating your website too!

Cheers, Lin
Mom to 2 wild boys
D 3/98
G 11/02

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/kao/otn/pnoodles.gif

rrosen
07-28-2004, 04:11 PM
Thanks Lin!
I did crosspost in almost all of the forums. The stoller forum moves quickly so maybe it got buried? We'd love it if you (or anyone else)would put in a pitch for the pins at a forum you frequent. Spread the word!
And please visit www.babyomine.com again. There are new sponsors and raffles!

August Mom
07-28-2004, 07:22 PM
What is the e-bay ID of the member auctioning the photographs with proceeds to go to Samuel? Thanks.

jec2
07-28-2004, 07:54 PM
What is the appropriate email to send the paypal to? I sent it to

mom 2elle 2003@ comcast.net Is this not correct?

twofallbabies
07-28-2004, 10:22 PM
I would like to donate something as a raffle prize, if it's not too late. I have a home business selling candles, you can click my link below to see, and let me know if that's acceptable/desirable/etc. If I hear from...whoever's in charge...I can get it out in the mail tomorrow. I will be glad to include $ to cover the shipping cost to whoever wins the item in the raffle. Please email me directly, jessica at bettersoycandles dot com.

ETA: I just went to the site, and emailed babyomine directly with my questions, also, just to make sure I've got my bases covered! Hope to hear from someone soon! :)

Jessica, MD mama to
Dillon (9/18/98)
& Lucas (10/24/02)

Mia Bella's Gourmet Soy Candles:
http://www.bettersoycandles.com

tippy
07-31-2004, 02:18 AM
Can you please confirm the pay pal address we should be using to pay for our orders! Thanks

pritchettzoo
07-31-2004, 02:52 PM
We do not want to post the accounts here on public boards. The address Juliet posted is incorrect if that's what has you worried. The site itself as you check out will take you to a paypal account, or if you choose to pay with a credit card through paypal, there's an option for that too. Please email me (there's a link on the site) if you have additional questions about payment.

Thanks,
Anna