PDA

View Full Version : When does the must-stand-in-crib phase end??

Java
07-28-2004, 03:17 AM
DS has learned to pull up and stand - and I know this disrupts his sleep. But the past 3 weeks have been the worst! He's up 3-4 times at night, with the last episode lasting 2-3 HOURS. Even with rocking, nursing and bringing him to our bed. Tonight he's been up every hour and it's driving me crazy.

We have a video monitor so when I see him start to stir, I race in his room hoping to rub/pat him back to sleep. But man, is he quick. He's already up, whimpering and his eyes are partially closed... which leads me wonder if he even knows what he's doing. Is he standing in his sleep?!

When does this drive, this incredible *need* to pull up end? I used to let him to cry for 10 minutes in hopes that he'll fall back to sleep but now I can't because he immediately pulls up. Last week DH convinced me to let him cry standing to see what would happen. 3 hours later, after falling several times to climb back up, DS collapsed in a heap, asleep with his face wedged against the crib rails (still sitting up). UGH - I felt terrible so I'm not going that route anymore.

I'd sell my right arm for 3 CONSECUTIVE hours of sleep. When can I expect things to settle down??

amazz
07-28-2004, 01:34 PM
I'm sorry I don't have any advice for you, I'm just bumping this up b/c it sounds like you need some help!!!

Angela
EDD 10/15/04

daisymommy
07-28-2004, 01:37 PM
Sorry-wrong post.