PDA

View Full Version : Anyone go to ReelMoms - Baby Brigade (Bring babes to movies?)

quikeye
07-28-2004, 05:16 PM
Hi all, DH and I just discovered the wonder of "Baby Brigade" & Reel Moms where we live and I was wondering if anyone else loved this as much as I did?

They're movie theaters that INVITE moms, dads & babes under 1 year to go see NEW movies ON A BIG SCREEN! I know this may sound insane to you all, but we don't use childcare and we hadn't been to see a movie since ds was born... What a thrill to nurse in the movie theatre, and see a new movie! :) And hold hands over some greasy popcorn when DS fell asleep!!

We're in the bay area, CA-- there's a great theatre called the Parkway in Oakland that's kinda like a 2nd run movie theatre, so the movies aren't super new. But they serve PIZZA and beer! And NACHOS! :) hehe... I don't drink but it's a great pizza. And they have little loveseat couches to cuddle up in, and a row of seats specially in the back for moms/dads to sit in when babes have meltdowns. And you can't beat $5 for admission; matinees around here are $8! Monday nites @ 6-7pm (2 different movies). They also have Sunday matinees for all ages too, but we haven't been there yet.

We've also been to the Metreon in SF where they have ReelMoms (Loews theatre chain program), we went yesterday and saw The Bourne Supremacy. They were PACKED... and I saw some great diaper bags (and several *frog* strollers too! Whoa... I thought I was cool in my Kozy though). They had stroller parking as well (can't bring in the theatre). Matinees there were $7.75, not bad and a traditional "1st run" theatre in the middle of SF. Cool, but hard for both of us to make a Tuesday 11am show...

I can't wait for FAHRENHEIT 9/11 to show in one! I thought I'd have to wait to see it on video!!! ::grinning::

Anyway, had to share since we had such a great time-- don't know if anyone else has them in their cities?

http://www.picturepubpizza.com <-- Parkway theatre/BabyBrigade Oakland
http://www.enjoytheshow.com/reelmoms/index.cfm <-- ReelMoms

Marisa6826
07-28-2004, 06:43 PM
There have been a couple threads in the past about Reel Moms (you can do a search for "reel moms"). They seem to be much more practical if your baby is quite young. Unfortunately, that leaves us toddler Mommies in a lurch - because we're the ones DYING to get out of the house! ;) :P

I've not heard of Baby Brigade - maybe it's just a California thing?

BTW, the Metreon is very cool. We were there a few years ago.

-m