PDA

View Full Version : DC Area--Dani's Duds?

crl
08-01-2004, 08:28 PM
Hi,

I'm thinking of going to the DC area consignment sale Dani's Duds this Sept. (www.danisduds.com) Anyone been? Is it worth it? I'd probably be looking for 12-18 month fall/winter boys clothes in nicer brands (Hanna, Janie and Jack, Gap, Lands End, etc) and a running stroller.

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

egoldber
08-01-2004, 09:39 PM
If you go, make sure you go on the first day. I went this spring, but I went on the second day and honestly there was very little left. And FYI, on the first day, you can't bring your DS (which was my issue).

HTH,

jasabo
08-02-2004, 12:19 AM
OMG I LOVE Dani's Duds!! I went twice when we lived in NoVa - once when I was pregnant and once after I had the boys. I stocked up on clothes and toys - bought TONS of toys...dh almost had a coronary. But it was so worth it. I'm just now breaking out some of the older age toys that I bought there.

I consigned both times, so we were able to go on opening night, which I highly recommend. By the time all the consigners were finished shopping that night, the place was pretty picked over. You don't have to consign a lot to be considered a "consigner." The first time I went, I just consigned a few outfits that I'd been given early for the boys that I didn't really like. The second time I went, I had a lot more to consign since the boys were about 3 months old at the time. I think I ended up making about $75, which isn't bad considering I would have probably just donated it all to Goodwill - not much time for garage sales back then.

As for high end clothing - you never know what you'll find since it's different every time. I bought lots of Gap things - but you have to look pretty hard. The clothes are jammed into racks according to size and you just stand there and sort through them all. Also, they're pretty picky about what they accept for consignment, so everything's in good shape.

You might get lucky with a stroller. I didn't look too closely at the strollers because we didn't need one, but I do remember that some of them looked kind of beat up. But you never know - every time is different, and if you shop on the volunteer or consigners nights, you have a better chance.

Good luck and have fun!

Lisa - mom to 1 yr old twin boys