PDA

View Full Version : update on my past post asking for good thoughts and prayers

starrynight
08-04-2004, 01:32 AM
I posted about a month or so ago asking for healthy thoughts and prayers for dh and I. We finally have the results of all of his testing and at least my bloodwork back.

Those of you that replied to that thread, thank you the happy thoughts worked! Dh doesn't have anything seriously wrong with him, that is the good news. His scope showed no damage or cancer and all his bloodwork came back ok. The bad news is he isn't feeling any better so they think it's Irritable Bowel Syndrome brought on mostly by work stress or some kind of food intolerance so the doc said keep track of what he eats and how he feels/cramps etc.

As for me, I figured out some of my allergies and now I am pretty much hive free! I am allergic to most chemical cleaners and disposable products. After getting all of that stuff out of the house I am pretty much ok now. I still get a few hives if I am around stuff like that at someone else's house but it's not constant, chronic pain. I am still having mild allergy symptoms like weird tingling and constant canker sores so something is bugging me but we don't know what yet.

As for the dizzy spells/breathing issues the doc said it's allergy induced asthma and I have to go through some more testing to figure out all of my triggers. I had a bit of a reaction the other day but I still didn't figure out what it was too. The worst part of all of this is I am also allergic to allergy meds! I had a really bad reaction to zyrtec and I can't take benedryl either. So for now he wants me to take tagamet whenever I feel a reaction coming on because it's a mild antihistamine and it seems to be the only one I don't react to.

We still can't figure out why my cycles are all wacky so still looking at that one. So far I'm not diabetic and my thyroid is ok according to the initial bloodwork.

Just wanted to update all that so far and thanks again anyone that kept us in their thoughts :).

jubilee
08-04-2004, 02:05 AM
Sounds like you've all been a bit stressed out! My hubby also has IBS and has found that a pill called "Digestive Enzymes" from GNC helps him a bunch. Maybe it's worth a try for your DH.

Hope your allergies and everything settles down!

smomom
08-04-2004, 10:05 AM
thanks for the update. I've been wondering how you guys are doing. Hang in there. We're still thinking of you.

NEVE and TRISTAN
08-04-2004, 10:51 AM
Jackie,
Glad that you updated and nothing appears serious...know our thoughts are with you all!!!

Neve and Tristan born Feb 25, 2003
EDD with #2 March 18, 2005
heartbeat and "looking great" so far
Traveling in Jan insearch of the rest of our family-adopting in Ukraine

hez
08-04-2004, 10:57 AM
Wow-- that's a lot of stuff to deal with all at once. I'm glad so much has been figured out already, and hope the remaining issues turn out to be easily solved. Sending more positive thoughts & prayers your way!

amp
08-04-2004, 11:01 AM
Jackie - That is great news! Hopefully you can figure out the rest of it, but what a relief that it doesn't seem to be anything serious. Hopefully both of you will be feeling better soon!