PDA

View Full Version : Just had my 34 week ultrasound...

McQ
08-04-2004, 12:52 PM
and the baby weighed in at 5.4 pounds. Which puts it on track with Declan who was born at 5 pounds 13 ounces at 35 weeks, one day. And since they are supposed to gain 1/2 pound a week looks like I'm on target to grow another big baby if I go to term. My OB thinks I had Declan so early because he was cooked and ready (perfectly healthy, great lungs) and that my body (small pelvis) can not handle a large baby. So hmm...

The radiologist said my cervix was looking a little short. Not quite sure what that means. I understand it technically and all but don't know what that means as far as predicting when I'd deliver or how much of a concern that is. She did say she was going to call my OB with the results (instead of waiting to mail a report) and that has me a little worried. And she also said that she'll tell my OB that she sent me home to continue bed rest - which I found odd as in I wouldn't think she had any authority to tell me otherwise. I don't know, that struck me as funny.

I know ultrasound weights can be off but I was pleased to hear that the baby is over 5 pounds already. So now I can rest easy and that it'll be okay whenever this baby decides to get here.

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03
and number 2 EDD 9.14.04

ismommy
08-04-2004, 01:04 PM
Great news Allison. But still baby stay in for 3 more weeks. Unless of course Allison you want to know what gender for me to buy at Hanna outlet:)
Let mw know if you need anything.

jk3
08-04-2004, 01:14 PM
Everything sounds great! Just hang in there. I'm sure it's easier to do so now that you know everything is on track. I had my DS at 36 weeks + he was just over 5 pounds at that point-small but perfectly healthy!

My friend is stuck at home at the moment at 36 weeks in a similar situation. She was dilated at over 2 cm 2 weeks ago but no baby yet!

Jenn
DS 6/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png

papal
08-04-2004, 01:32 PM
Great news Allison! Good to hear that number 2 is doing so well... i guess we might be hearing the TRRRING sound of the oven soon and welcome a perfectly cooked new baby into the world.. yay! Let us know when something starts happening! And you looked absolutely wonderful on Sunday!

amazz
08-04-2004, 01:42 PM
Awesome, awesome, awesome! I am so relieved for you. I have been worried about you, but it sounds like everything is going just fine again. And it's kind of comforting to know what technology can do to help our babies along in the world if they happen to come early and aren't quite ready. The literature I got from the dr. at 27 weeks said that my baby would most likely be ok if it was born now. Crazy. But anyway, congrats on your great ultrasound!! Now go back to bed and take care of yourself. :)

Angela
EDD 10/15/04

cinrein
08-04-2004, 01:45 PM
Trying to remember all the stuff we learned in Lamaze here....I want to say the cervix shortens when you get close to labor? I would bet that's why the radiologist wants your OB to know sooner rather than later about the results. I wouldn't worry Allison, I think the sono just confirmed that you may deliver sooner rather than later, which you already knew.

Rest while you can Mama---it won't be too much longer. :) Call if you need anything.

Cindy and Anna February 2003

jubilee
08-04-2004, 02:02 PM
How exciting! I love the countdown until the baby. Remember to savor all the preggo joys, especially feeling the baby kick- I MISS feeling that. Soon you'll be announcing that you are driving to the hospital!

kthomp
08-04-2004, 04:14 PM
You're right about the cervix shortening- it happens during effacement in prep for labor.
If it helps at all, I was 3 cm dilated and 100% effaced for three weeks prior to going into labor!

Glad to hear that everything is looking good! But stay in there a little longer, baby, the world isn't ready for you yet! :-)

Hope everything continues to go well!

hez
08-04-2004, 04:17 PM
Glad the results were positive! Hoping you're not going too crazy on bedrest!

amp
08-04-2004, 04:28 PM
Hooray! Great news! I am so excited to know what this baby's gender is and what his or her name is! But still....I don't need to know yet. And I'd rather it at least wait until I get back from my trip, and preferably till his or her due date! Not that I have anything to say about it, but I can delude myself, can't I?! ;-)

marinkitty
08-04-2004, 05:04 PM
Allison - What great news! Hopefully baby will decide to stay warm and cozy a few more weeks, but what a relief to know that he or she is doing so well.

Holly
Mom to Mia (3.17.03)
Another March baby EDD (3.23.05)

http://lilypie.com/days/050323/0/0/1/-6/.png

mommd
08-04-2004, 05:20 PM
Glad to hear everything is going well! Keep cooking that baby for a little while longer! :)

starrynight
08-04-2004, 06:24 PM
Glad to hear baby is growing well! :D

I have no experience or advice on what the radiologist said though, that is kinda weird that she didn't tell you much but wanted the doc to get the report asap.

Marisa6826
08-04-2004, 07:53 PM
Wonderful news!!!

Did you figure out your snacks yet? ;)

-m

NEVE and TRISTAN
08-04-2004, 08:34 PM
Get some rest mommy!!!!
Glad to know everything is ready to go incase....
Hugs and we're here if you need us!!!
Neve and Tristan born Feb 25, 2003
EDD with #2 March 18, 2005
heartbeat and "looking great" so far
Traveling in Jan insearch of the rest of our family-adopting in Ukraine

pritchettzoo
08-04-2004, 09:11 PM
Sounds like good news! I hope you're not too bored on bed rest. :)

Anna

brigmaman
08-04-2004, 11:28 PM
Wow, Allison time is flying! Glad to hear things are on track. Let us know what the OB says!

jbowman
08-04-2004, 11:32 PM
Great news! Glad to hear that all is well!

zuzu
08-04-2004, 11:35 PM
Wonderful news, Allison! Let's hope baby stays put a few more weeks, even though we can't wait to meet the little one.

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5.10.03)

khakismom
08-04-2004, 11:39 PM
Allison, that's wonderful news. So now all you have to do is kick your feet up and rest. :) I'll be thinking about you for the next few weeks. I can't wait to hear the good news!

lrucci
08-06-2004, 12:35 AM
Allison,

I was just wondering how things were going and I'm so relieved to see that number 2 is doing well. Kick back, relax, and rest up. We can't wait to meet the little one.

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh 7/19/03