PDA

View Full Version : Bon Voyage Retreaters - We'll miss you around here!!!

McQ
08-05-2004, 08:40 AM
Remember we're living vicariously through you this weekend. So take lots of pictures and give us a full report when you all get back! have fun!!!

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03
and number 2 EDD 9.14.04

sugarsnappea
08-05-2004, 08:54 AM
I had to bail at the last minute, and am so sad. :(
I hear the weather in Chicago is supposed to be perfect! Have a blast. :)

papal
08-05-2004, 09:15 AM
Oh Yes! Have lots of fun and take lots of pictures! I am so jealous.. i wish i could be there to meet everyone!!!

NEVE and TRISTAN
08-05-2004, 09:45 AM
I was logging on to post the same...
Travel safe everyone!!!!
Big hugs,

Neve and Tristan born Feb 25, 2003
EDD with #2 March 18, 2005
heartbeat and "looking great" so far
Traveling in Jan insearch of the rest of our family-adopting in Ukraine

Jeanne
08-05-2004, 09:55 AM
Did you make it here Neve? Did I miss the boat?

Summer seems to have gotten away from me.

NEVE and TRISTAN
08-05-2004, 11:32 AM
We are thinking about Sept though, we go up every year. I have done nothing with coordinating, but Andrea and I have tossed back and forth different ideas...

Give me a few weeks and I PROMISE I will start putting this together...I doubt it will be a "retreat" but maybe a bunch of us going to Sesame Street Place and then those that want to go back to New Hope and B&B it will have that option too...
I really really want to do this so I need to get my butt in gear!!!!!

We go every Sept so that seems like it would fit in well!!!!
What does your schedule look like in Sept?

khakismom
08-05-2004, 11:42 AM
I am so sad that we weren't able to go. I hope everyone has a blast and I can't wait to see pics and hear stories!! Have fun!!

mharling
08-05-2004, 11:44 AM
You'll be missed, Maureen. I'm bummed that we won't get to see you. :(

Mary
Lane 4/03
#2 Due 3/2/05
http://lilypie.com/days/050302/0/0/1/-6/.png

toomanystrollers
08-05-2004, 11:57 AM
Neve and I are packed and ready to go :) I don't know why I bothered buying her some exciting new toys for the airplane. I should be packing for her to play with: toilet paper, tin foil, dog food bowls LOL

amp
08-05-2004, 12:00 PM
I am so excited! But I am stressing way too much while trying to pack and get organized! I also have to pack for the whole week since we are heading to MI afterward. Ack! More stress!

I am so sad that Deb, Neve and Maureen aren't coming anymore! I've met Maureen, and she's great! I am hoping to meet Deb in MI, but you never know how timing will work. And i was so looking forward to meeting Neve! BUT, I am so glad that so many of us are still attending and will finally meet in person! I can't wait to see everyone's kiddos!

mommd
08-05-2004, 12:04 PM
Yay! I can't wait to meet everyone! I wish more people could come!

lukkykatt
08-05-2004, 12:37 PM
As my mom always used to say when we went away, "Have fun and be safe!"

I know you'll all have a great time!

lukkykatt
08-05-2004, 12:38 PM
Neve, don't forget - I'll help you! Just let me know what you need...

mharling
08-05-2004, 01:39 PM
Neve - I didn't know you weren't coming. How did I miss that? You'll be missed! :(

Mary
Lane 4/03
#2 Due 3/2/05
http://lilypie.com/days/050302/0/0/1/-6/.png

Jeanne
08-05-2004, 02:02 PM
September is a nutty month but I would love to meet up with everyone if possible. Of course I don't expect any schedules to be made around mine. It's just a crazy month for us because of our girl's birthdays and Labor Day weekend. Also, I will likely be on my own with the girls because DH is on constant call in September due to the beginning of Cider Season. So if you are all planning a day at Sesame Place, I'll have to skip that simply because I won't be able to juggle a baby and toddler in the pool by myself. LOL!
But if you're getting together outside of Sesame Place or for a meal in New Hope, I'd love to join you!

Here's when I'm around: Friday, Sat, & Sun 10-12th
Friday, Sat, & Sun 17-19th

Weekdays are out for me due to work.

jec2
08-05-2004, 02:05 PM
Have fun and we want to see lots and lots of pics! It won't be the same here (on the boards) without you all.

jd11365
08-05-2004, 04:06 PM
We leave tomorrow and I'm not even packed yet! How's that for procrastination! (My camera is in the diaper bag though so I don't forget. :)) I'm so excited to meet up with everyone, but sooooo disappointed some that can't make it anymore. I really wanted to meet up with so many that now can't make it. I can't believe I'm actually doing this...I think it's a little crazy, but Kayla and I (ok, I) will be able to tell of our own litte 'adventure' to Chicago...just the girls...when she was little.

It's weird not to even know what everyone looks like. We've seen a picture or two, maybe once or twice over the years...all I can think of is screen names and avatars! I don't think I can call Andrea by her name, I always think of her as Amp. So when I meet her, it will be weird to call her by her real name!

Anyway, I better go pack. Or at least do some laundry so I actually have something 'to' pack! :P

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
May '03

amp
08-05-2004, 04:23 PM
I don't think I can call Andrea by her name, I always think of
>her as Amp. So when I meet her, it will be weird to call her
>by her real name!

Tee Hee! DH asked if we were wearing nametags and he said, "You can just put amp on yours." Made me laugh! I was telling him how I was so excited to see all of you but saying how I was sad that some of the old alums can't come and he said, "Hey, maybe some of them are sitting at home saying, 'I am excited to finally meet Andrea.'" And I said, "Wow, you're right! I am kind of an old alum myself, aren't I." That's kind of cool!

Go pack, Jamie! And lets, the 4 of us, call each other at the hotel tomorrow so we can find out what rooms we are all in. See you tomorrow!

brigmaman
08-05-2004, 04:49 PM
Oohh...I hope this comes together! I'd love to meet up!

brigmaman
08-05-2004, 04:53 PM
So your dh could hear me talking this morning- all the way from NY! You're definitely an alum...and we can't wait to meet up! Now just to make it throught the plane ride and getting to the hotel. Good thing Jamie's a seasoned traveller!

(Hmmm...lots of misspellings in here...need to get off computer and pack!)

NEVE and TRISTAN
08-05-2004, 05:49 PM
I will give it some attention and out something together...I promise!!!! Many emailed when we first discussed it to offer help so we can make it happen...I should have kept better track back then but I'll go back to my emails and with DH's help come up with something to send out :)

starrynight
08-05-2004, 06:32 PM
All of you have a very safe and fun time!!! I'm super jealous we can't make it this year. Enjoy yourselves!!!

jubilee
08-05-2004, 06:55 PM
I'm so bummed I can't go. It would be great to finally meet some of my "imaginary" friends! LOL Have fun!

lmintzer
08-05-2004, 07:27 PM
I'm excited about meeting everyone. One caveat: Jack has a fever of 104 today. I'm hoping, hoping that he'll be better by Sunday at the latest so we can go to brunch!

McQ
08-05-2004, 08:28 PM
Well New Hope is out for me, but if you're in town to see your parents, drop me an e:mail. I'd love to meet you in person and have Declan and T play together.

And for those that are Chi-Town bound, I'll miss meeting you all but put me down for next year!

Allison
and number 2 EDD 9.14.04

C99
08-05-2004, 08:39 PM
>Neve - I didn't know you weren't coming. How did I miss
>that? You'll be missed! :(

I was just thinking the SAME thing.

NEVE and TRISTAN
08-05-2004, 08:56 PM
We think for the full week...I am sneaking up for two nights next week but between friends and family I never get a second on those 2-3 day trips...

But we just found out today that hubby has an assignment up there the week of the 23rd...
I WOULD LOVE FOR US TO MEET....are you on strict strict bedrest...or would a get together in the area be something you can do, I was not totally sure...
Gosh with the 23rd being far enough out you might be on huge labor alert...

NEVE and TRISTAN
08-05-2004, 09:01 PM
You are so sweet...thank you, I will miss seeing you again too, I feel like when we met I was such a mess answering the door in PJS and all :)...I forgot you were with Sonia (who knows I lounge in PJs all day) or I would have done somthing like brush my hair:)...

I just feel like I need to hang near the hospital till Tuesday when I have an ultrasound...this is my 7th week and tends to be the week that things have happened in the past...I am not really scared, but scared to go far if that makes sense. And god forbid something to happen I certainly don't want it happening during a huge celebration and good time such as this...

You'll be hanging with many of the gals who I have been DYING to meet...I can think of no place I'd rather be honest to goodness.
I just told Steve I wish I was going and he said "call and book a flight" :)...
Hopefully next year we can all meet somewhere...

McQ
08-05-2004, 09:44 PM
Well I might have a baby by then, but if not, I can totally get together. I'm under orders to take it easy but I'm not tied to the couch. Just no lifting, no carrying Declan, no going to work etc... It's actually been quite refreshing and relaxing.

I'll drop you an e:mail.

Allison
and number 2 EDD 9.14.04