PDA

View Full Version : Need to find Seattle OB GYN who will do a repeat C-section...

kijip
08-05-2004, 09:08 PM
TTC ASAP! Not willing to go back to my prior doctor at UW. I would like to go to Swedish for delivery this time around. I need to go in for a physical and pap soon and then will want to continue with the same person for my whole pregnancy (fingers crossed). Looking for a practice that is friendly to elective repeat c-sections. Any ideas in the Seattle area? My insurance is accepted most everywhere.

pritchettzoo
08-05-2004, 11:23 PM
I PMed you! :)

Anna

new_mommy25
08-06-2004, 05:09 AM
I delivered at Swedish. My OB was Dr Hutchison from Seattle OB/GYN. I loved everyone in the office! I have two friends who had Dr. Kimmelman and they loved her. I couldn't get her because she wasn't availiable. Here's the website. http://www.seaobgyn.com/ Swedish was so wonderful and I had a great birth. I loved the private rooms, 24 hour FREE room service, your own nurse, the lacatation counselar in house and more. If I hadn't moved I would have all my babies there.

JacksMommy
08-06-2004, 05:32 PM
Did you already have a C-section? If you did (regardless of the reason), it's my impression that it's standard practice to offer the option of a C the second time around. Due to a slight increase in the chances of uterine rupture during a VBAC, I wouldn't think that many doctors would want to risk not giving you the C-section.

Good luck!

Laurel
Working Mama to Jack, 6/4/02
EDD #2 12/24/02

Not a Bobblehead
08-07-2004, 03:26 AM
I would highly recommend any of the doctors (I think there are 5)at Northwest Women's Health Care. 1101 Madison St Ste 1150
Seattle, WA 98104-3525 Phone: (206) 386-3400. I had Dr. Karen Bohmke who is fantastic and several friends have had Drs. Johannsen or O'Neil or Dr. Levine (who is Dr. Bohmke's husband) or Dr. Wolf deliver their babies. It seems like every attorney I know uses this practice, even a medical malpractice plaintiff's attorney! They don't use any other doctors to staff their after hours calls and you won't have a resident (like at the UW). There staff is great and while at Swedish for an unplanned but non-emergency c-section, I had terrific nurses and lactation consultants. My delivery nurse even came down a day later, unofficially, to say hi while I was still recovering from the C-section. I was steered to Northwest Women's Health by two friends who had researched the heck out of the topic. Good luck.

kijip
08-07-2004, 04:04 AM
Thanks for the tips! I am checking out a few of the places mentioned. Last time, I just stuck with the family medical clinic at UW that I had been going to for 12 years. Since I had never needed much medical care (sports physical here, a trip vac there) I had no idea how terrible the staff was and the hospital was worse. I am looking forwards to delivering at Swedish if we are lucky enough to have a 2nd baby. I am finding out that repeat c-sections are readily accepted in Seattle (vs. 5-10 years ago) so no worries there.

new_mommy25
08-07-2004, 08:08 PM
I just wanted to expand on the previous posters comments about the delivery nurse coming down to say hi.

While I was in labor I had one nurse the entire time. When her shift was over she stuck around for 2 more hours just because she wanted to be there when DS was born. She didn't have to do that and I was really touched. She finally had to leave but the nurse that replaced her was equally as wonderful. The next day the first nurse I had came to my room just to see DS and see how I was doing. Everybody at Swedish was wonderful and I truly loved that place. Good luck on TTC #2!