PDA

View Full Version : How to post/resize pictures to post here?

Jeanne
08-06-2004, 01:43 PM
Hi Ladies.
I posted this in Toddler's but hoping anyone can help me out?
Can someone give me a quick tutorial on posting pictures? The last time I did this, they were too big to view properly. I'm new to the digital revolution so please forgive me!

I finally got around to taking pictures of the girl's room.
Thanks!

papal
08-06-2004, 02:44 PM
Hi Jeanne, the photo software that you use to import the pics from your digital camera may have a feature to resize the pics... have you seen one on there? I use Photoshop Elements for stuff like this but it is not necessary if all you want to do is resize.. what is the name of the software that came with the camera?

Jeanne
08-06-2004, 05:47 PM
Rashmi,
Thanks for responding. I didn't even have to load the software as my XP system just recognized the pictures for download. Guess I need to though, right? I'm looking in the folder of the pictures but don't see any editing tools.

And of course I use my work laptop and they're taking down the network this weekend so I won't be able to look at it until Monday! UGH! I can't even log onto here either. SIGH!

Okay, I'll read more of the book. I just assumed that it was already on here. It may be, but like I said, I just joined the digital world so I havn't had much time to familiarize myself.

Can I post to you again on Monday?

papal
08-06-2004, 06:10 PM
Sure thing girlie... hope you find some software on the machine..maybe you can do a FIND for 'Canon' or whatever the make of your camera is? Maybe it is will find some software? I don't know..not familiar with Windows. It could just be a driver that pulls in the images too.. :(

McQ
08-06-2004, 08:55 PM
How do you resize in Elements? I have it (v 2.0) and I have yet to figure it out. Thanks!!!

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03
and number 2 EDD 9.14.04

papal
08-06-2004, 09:01 PM
Go to the Image menu... choose Resize and then Image Size. In the window that appears, enter the new width.. the Constrain Proportions is usually checked already which means the height will change in proportion to the width.. so you don't need to change that.
Does that make sense?

McQ
08-06-2004, 09:23 PM
Thanks much!!! I think I've got it. Let's try it out...

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03
and number 2 EDD 9.14.04

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10385.jpg

lukkykatt
08-06-2004, 09:52 PM
How about Canon ZoomBrowser EX? Yes, DH is a Computer Security guy, but does he have time to help me with my important photos? NO. TIA!

luvbeinmama
08-07-2004, 03:00 AM
LOL!! And we'll call this one... "Oh, man, Mommy has the camera again!" Too cute!!!