PDA

View Full Version : What is the deal with the Costco Dyson??

new_mommy25
08-08-2004, 05:05 PM
We have the purple "Animal" Dyson. We got it about 3 weeks ago and we love, love, love it!! We payed $529 at Sears. I was at Costco yesterday and they had a blue Dyson displayed. I hadn't seen that before. Is it specially made for Costco? On the box it said it had the animal attachment. If it's the same as mine I am kicking myself because it's a hundred bucks cheaper.

Marisa6826
08-08-2004, 05:19 PM
I've seen the Costco one. I have the "all gear" that we bought online. Looks the same, but different colours. One of the ways to tell if it's an older version is that the little slider thingie on the top of where you put your hand is no longer a "spring release". The new ones just slide - apparently the spring mechanism used to break easily.

I don't know the Costco one is an old version, or it's made specifically for them. See if maybe your husband or a Costco person can get the sample one down from the shelf and check out the top of it.

BTW - We got our All Gear one online for roughly the same price as what Costco is offering it for.

Can you return the Sears one? Maybe if you take a pic of the one at Costco and bring it to Sears they will match the price.

It's been less than 30 days. Give it a shot. You have nothing to lose ;)

-m

MommytoDylan
08-08-2004, 06:08 PM
We have the Costco one and it is like the Full Gear but without the extended warranty. It has the floor and animal attachments but doesn't have the cleaning kit.

HTH,
Meredith

new_mommy25
08-08-2004, 11:01 PM
Thanks! I guess we'll keep the one we have now. The extended warrenty is nice and so is the cleaning kit. I would love to buy online and get a better price, but it's near impossible to find sites that ship to Hawaii.

tippy
08-11-2004, 02:55 AM
Keep in mind that Costco will take anything back at pretty much any time with or without a receipt!