PDA

View Full Version : Day Care Provider in Fredericksburg or Woodbridge/Dale City Va.

HelenD
08-09-2004, 10:59 AM
Lori suggested that I post in the lounge. You can see the saga as to why I need a new Day Care Provider here:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=11168&mode=full&page=

I'm in the Fredericksburg, Virginia area, closest to Route 17. I work in Woodbridge, Virginia.

Anyone got any ideas for reliable, honest day care in those areas? Feel free to email me or IM.

Thanks in advance.

Helen

Editted to bump up and be more specific about the area I'm looking for.

llcoddington
08-11-2004, 09:59 AM
Are you looking for in-home daycare or a daycare center? I might have some ideas. (I used to live in Bristow (Manassas area) and have some friends who keep children.)

Lana
mommy to Lauren 12/5/03

HelenD
08-11-2004, 02:27 PM
I would prefer in home but as most of the people I've now talked to are a bit scarey, I may have to go with a center.

daisymommy
08-11-2004, 02:54 PM
Hey! I'm in Montclair! Where do you work? I used to be a director for Minneland before I had Joshua. Here's a few places I'd recomend:

-The Minneland in Fredricksburg is supposed to be brand new, state of the art, and awesome.

-My old boss (a very sweet Grandma type, named Gloria) works at the Minnieland on Dale Blvd. in the shopping plaza across the street from Kmart. It has a gym in the plaza.

-My friend Delaine is the director at the Minnieland on on Route 1--I'll have to get the actual street name if you can't find it. She's really good, and totally renovated the center 2 years ago when she took over. I haven't been there since, so I can't vouche for what it's like now, you'd have to go check it out in person. But it was very nice when I went to go visit her back then.

-The Children's World on Minneville Rd. is suppossed to be good (an old friend of mine became the director there...not sure if she's ther anymore. Her name is Bernie.

-Little Hands preschool at the Methodist church on the corner of Cardinal and Minniville always has a waiting list to get kids in there because it's SO GREAT!

-Morning Star preschool at Christ Chapel is suposed to be very good.

-Forgot the name of it, but there is a preschool/academy at a church on the corner of SmokeTown and Minnieville, it has a big green clover on the sign. It's very well established, and many of my friends went there when they were kids and now send their own kids there. Maybe Luckett Academy?

Good Luck, and I hope you find something you love!