PDA

View Full Version : where is the best place for professional baby pics

TraciG
08-09-2004, 06:02 PM
also not too expensive, I want to get Sydney's pics done in a couple of months, is Sear's good or are there better places to have them done ??

Melanie
08-09-2004, 06:15 PM
I prefer Kidde Kandids (usually inside babies r us stores)...Picture People is 2nd to them, depending on the photographer/child's age.

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_sapphire_24m.gif

pixelprincess
08-10-2004, 01:20 AM
sears is not the greatest...it seems they are overbooked and can't keep their orders straight IMO. a friend went to Pennys and got some great pics...nicer backdrops too and they cost the same. but finally, it all boils down to the photographer!

RwnMayfair
08-10-2004, 02:03 AM
Ask various people and it seems to vary from location to location, since I've gotten excellent pictures from Sears before. They were much better than the ones I got at Picture People the one time I tried them. So other than that one time, I've always gone to Sears, since I've always been very pleased with their pictures. (And I get pictures taken every month right now, I can't help it. ::grin::)

-Melissa

Taran, November 20, 2003

http://lilypie.com/baby1/041120/0/15/0/-5/.png

suribear
08-10-2004, 05:17 AM
My friend recently showed me her pics from Sears (8 x 10 and larger) and I was absolutely shocked to see how grainy they were - I would have had a fit if any studio gave me those pictures!! I didn't like their backgrounds, either, but I think that's a very personal thing.

I've had better luck with Kiddie Kandids and Picture People - find a good photographer and insist on not following their silly rules. You are the paying customer :) For instance, another friend was complaining about the colored backgrounds at PP. I don't like those, either, so I pretty much direct the photo shoots and tell them I won't buy the colored backgrounds (well, I have had a few cute ones, but overall I prefer the boring white lol I like that "look".).

Honestly, I don't think any of the less expensive places are all that great, but you can get decent results if you are assertive.

Kris

mlewis
08-10-2004, 02:43 PM
We have had great luck with Penneys. We've also tried Sears, but it seems their pictures are always so off center. Our experience with Picture People wasn't great either, but we've been extremely pleased with Penneys. They have good coupons too!

MinnieMouse
08-11-2004, 05:21 PM
Sears was hideous both times we tried them. Inexperience photographers and really awful prints. We've gone to Picture People about 6 or 7 times now and LOVE them. Every visit we leave with wonderful pictures..even the sittings where I thought they would be awful. I've heard a few people nationally that didn't like PP, but everyone I've spoken to locally here in the northern burbs of Philly can't say enough good things about them.

Christine