PDA

View Full Version : Any Flyladies or Flybabies out there?

rrosen
08-10-2004, 11:08 AM
The post about cleaning got me thinking. Who out there is Flying? I am trying to. I am taking *baby steps* right now. I really need to get a system going so I feel organized. I would love to get to the point where I don't feel like I need to clean like crazy before someone comes over. The dog hair is a battle I will never win. Bailey is always ahead of me on that front. But, I would love to feel that everything else is getting done.

So who else is Flying? Anyone interested in a daily thread to motivate one another?

Grace_underfire
08-10-2004, 11:28 AM
I am flying :) I am not perfect but my house can ussually be company ready within 15 min at the max. My friends always say that my house is spotless when they come. (It is not - really but it is peaceful) I tell them it is not me it is flylady. One of them calls her FLYMAID. :) The secret is to get rid of clutter for sure (HELPS so much), learn not to horde more clutter and then just use the timer. The routines I am still working on perfecting but you know... you should not even say that word... perfect. The timer is the best. I have one upstairs by the computer and one down in the kitchen.

I would love a daily fly thread :) Count me in!

jk3
08-10-2004, 11:35 AM
OK. I just checked out this site + signed up. I read the section on clutter-my main problem-and I'm going to try the three box method. Wish me luck! It would be great to share tips. Off to find my timer! =)

Jenn
DS 6/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png

Grace_underfire
08-10-2004, 11:39 AM
Welcome aboard! I have been flying for about 3 years or so. On and off to be honest. Since DS was born more on than off with the exceptional week that goes to pot for some reason!

Just remember not to crush and burn. What she says is so true. Take baby steps. Your house did not become like it is now overnight so don't think it will get fixed over night.
Do the sink first. Then start by thinking very simple routines and establish those for morning/night (THINK SIMPLE!) and use your timer when you get inspired to do more :) Also use your timer for BREAKS! :)

MelissaTC
08-10-2004, 12:07 PM
I am trying to FLY. It is a daily struggle but we seem to be doing better over here. :)

Buffys Mommy
08-10-2004, 02:14 PM
Definitely a Flybaby. I crashed and burned and started over again. I'm working on getting my morning and evening routines down and slowly getting rid of all the clutter.

Tammie
Sarah Michelle 10/13/03

s7714
08-10-2004, 03:08 PM
Yes! I signed up a couple weeks ago. I haven't really been following the program other than taking baby steps right now. With DD making the transition to only one nap and cutting in 3-4 molars at the same time, creating a "routine" just hasn't been possible.

I'm waiting on the Saving Dinner book from the library...has anyone here signed up for the menu mailers?

Jennifer
Mommy to Annalia 03/03/03
http://lilypie.com/baby2/030303/3/4/2/-8/.png
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif

MelissaTC
08-10-2004, 03:19 PM
I did it. It was really helpful! Some of the receipes were things DH and I would not eat at all so I had to plan in my own. But it gave me a good jumpstart for menu planning. I collected all the e-mails so now I have 6 months of receipes to use (although some are repeats and some are more work than you think they would be!).

amazz
08-10-2004, 03:56 PM
Ok I had never heard of this until today when it was posted in another thread. I went and looked it up and it sounds like just what I need right now. I am beginning the serious nesting now and my house is driving me absolutely bonkers. I didn't really have a good place to start, but the sink sounds as good a place as any. :) Maybe if we can motivate each other on here as well then I can stay on track and get my house in some kind of order before my baby gets here! That would be so nice. *sigh*

So I am off to get dressed in my shoes (without laces though--the preggo feet are hating the lace up thing :) ) and then go clean the sink. :)

Angela
EDD 10/15/04
A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on. ~Carl Sandburg