PDA

View Full Version : OT: anyone been to an Ann Taylor Factory Store lately?

octmom
08-12-2004, 10:00 AM
I am in desperate need of some new clothes for myself that I can wear to work. I sort of adopted a more casual style while pg and haven't switched back over to the more professional look that I ought to be cultivating at work. Only thing is, I look through my closet at my pre-pg clothes and the vast majority of them look tired and worn or I am just absolutely sick of them. Since DS was born, I have busied myself shopping for his clothes and have only picked up a couple of cheap (think black Target microfiber stuff) and not very professional looking items for myself. I need some more suits and polished-looking separates.

A few years ago, I remember hitting the jackpot at an Ann Taylor Factory Store and finding lots of things I liked for good prices. I have become way too cheap to pay full price at Ann Taylor these days and the stuff at Loft is less expensive but often a bit too trendy for me. So, I am thinking of trekking to Potomac Mills (around 1.5-2 hours from home) to check out the Ann Taylor Factory Store and some of the other outlets. I haven't been there in a while and I'm not sure if its worth the trip, especially with DS.

Anyone been to an AT Factory Store lately and find that the selection and prices were good? If I remember correctly, the Factory Stores had their own lines, not merchandise that was being moved out of the regular stores.

TIA!

Jerilyn
DS, Sean 10/03

http://lilypie.com/baby1/041029/3/3/3/-5/.png

"Baby makes days shorter, nights longer, home happier, and love stronger."

babymama
08-12-2004, 11:10 AM
I was there in late June. Lots of really nice thin knit summer sweaters with pretty necklines for $19.99. Seems like I remember drooling over a few summer skirts. I mainly looked at the clearance stuff. I didn't buy anything, but I think it would be worth the trip if it's less than an hour away.

Lydia
Mama to Santiago, born 11/16/03
http://lilypie.com/baby1/041116/0/6/1/-6/.png

C99
08-12-2004, 11:18 AM
I was there in May, and I thought the styles were closer to AT Loft than AT: trendier and less expensive fabrics.

pixelprincess
08-12-2004, 11:41 AM
Just went to an AT outlet recently and then a regular store. I bought some stuff at the factory store... stuff on clearance... pants for $19.99, a couple of shirts for the same price. Frankly, I find a better selection at their regular store where i also bought a couple of things. Sometimes the outlet 'sale' prices get me into a buying spree which I otherwise wouldn't.