PDA

View Full Version : Mark you calenders SURVIVOR!!!!!!

NEVE and TRISTAN
08-18-2004, 10:14 AM
The new edition, "Survivor: Vanuatu - Islands of Fire," takes place in a nation of over 80 volcano-dotted islands in the southwest Pacific Ocean.

Eighteen castaways will compete in separate tribes of men versus women. The participants include an FBI agent, a drill sergeant named Sarge, a Pennsylvania sheep farmer and a mechanical bull operator from Los Angeles. The oldest competitor is Scout Cloud Lee, a 59-year-old rancher from Oklahoma.

The battle of the sexes also was the beginning structure of "Survivor: The Amazon," but was altered in midseason. CBS Publicist Chris Ender says nothing is set in stone this time around, either.

"In true Mark Burnett (the show's producer) style, there will be some twists and turns throughout the season," Ender told The Associated Press Tuesday.

Vanuatu is home to more than 100 languages and a tribal and ritualistic culture still in existence on many of its islands.

Neve and Tristan born Feb 25, 2003
* EDD #2 3/18/05 as of 8/10 things looking "great"
*Traveling in Jan insearch of the rest of our family-adopting in Ukraine IF INS gets us paperwork intime (cross fingers)

StaceyKim
08-18-2004, 06:37 PM
YIPPEE!!! I LOVE Survivor!!! I am definitely a reality tv junkie but this one is a favorite!

jubilee
08-18-2004, 07:57 PM
When does it start? I'm a big survivor fan!

babymama
08-18-2004, 10:10 PM
DH and I were laughing about Rupert's pitching the new season. They seem to be really squeezing every bit out of Rupert's popularity to promote Survivor. In the commercial spots, he appears to wear his survivor tank top (muscle T) that he wore during the 2 seasons he was on the show, and he has the same scraggly beard and unruly hair. Do you think he always looks like that? Or is it that Mark Burnet thinks we wouldn't like him if he cleaned up a bit, and so they want to present the same old Rupert? Maybe one of the twists/turns will involve Rupert, otherwise it's strange that their using him in the promos.

Lydia
Mama to Santiago, born 11/16/03
http://lilypie.com/baby1/041116/0/6/1/-6/.png

new_mommy25
08-18-2004, 11:07 PM
My favorite show!! When does it start? I haven't seen any commercials.

mharling
08-19-2004, 12:02 AM
It starts on Sept 16.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor9/

Woo hoo!!!!

Mary
Lane - April 2003
Little brother or sister on the way - March 2005

brubeck
08-19-2004, 07:55 PM
OMG those Rupert commercials have my ROTFL! I love how he does that 'Monster Truck Rally' voice in such a cheesy way. He is such a goofball!