PDA

View Full Version : Travelling to NJ in Sept. with 10 month old - need some advice

chlobo
08-19-2004, 07:14 PM
So next month I'll be going to Mass. to NJ for my SIL baby shower. DD will be 10 months old at the time and she's getting mobil very fast. The trip will take about 5 or 6 hours.

Do you think I should travel at night and hope that DD sleeps the entire way there in her carseat? Or would it be better to travel during the day.

I just have this vision of DD being really upset at having to hang out in the carseat when she'd rather be on the move.

sadie427
08-19-2004, 11:26 PM
Are you flying or driving? For flying, we've done both, and for us it worked best to travel during the day, especially flying during naptime. When we traveled in the evening, there was just too much disruption getting off the plane, to the car, etc, he just didn't get a good night's sleep. Last time we flew he was about 11 months, and he actually did very well on the plane even though he prefers to be on the go. He took a good long nap on the flight both times. I would think it would be similar with driving, especially if there was someone to keep her company in the back seat.

chlobo
08-20-2004, 07:55 AM
We are driving. That is why I was thinking of travelling at night. I figured she could sleep in her carseat during her regular sleeptime.