PDA

View Full Version : Please read updated post! Respond to the post above, Please!

rrosen
08-19-2004, 09:59 PM
We are interrupting your regularly scheduled programming for a word from the Brownie Fairy.
The Brownie fairy would like to start a “pay it forward” chain. She has been discussing it with her chocolate elves and the idea we have come up with is this:

The Brownie Fairy would start the chain by sending a chocolate hug to another BBBer. That person would receive the fairy gift and a list of other BBB members and their addresses. It would be that person’s responsibility to then pick another person off the list (check their name off so they don’t get fairied again) and send a gift and the list onto the next person. The Fairy asks that you don’t pick a close friend to send a gift to. Pick someone you might have noticed needs a pick me up, a pat on the back, or a good laugh!
When all the names are checked off on the list it should be sent back to the Brownie Fairy. (Me!) Gifts do not have to be chocolate! They should just be something that will bring a moment of happiness to a fellow board member.

The fine print: The brownie fairy has many of your addresses from the pin drive but needs your permission to use them. If you DO NOT want to be a part of the list please send me an email. If you did not buy a pin and would like to participate please PM me your address. Please email me at mom2elle2003 @ yahoo. com (remove spaces)

OK, Go forth and spread the love and the chocolate!

We are interrupting your regularly scheduled programming for a word from the Brownie Fairy.
The Brownie fairy would like to start a “pay it forward” chain. She has been discussing it with her chocolate elves and the idea we have come up with is this:

The Brownie Fairy would start the chain by sending a chocolate hug to another BBBer. That person would receive the fairy gift and a list of other BBB members and their addresses. It would be that person’s responsibility to then pick another person off the list (check their name off so they don’t get fairied again) and send a gift and the list onto the next person. The Fairy asks that you don’t pick a close friend to send a gift to. Pick someone you might have noticed needs a pick me up, a pat on the back, or a good laugh!
When all the names are checked off on the list it should be sent back to the Brownie Fairy. (Me!) Gifts do not have to be chocolate! They should just be something that will bring a moment of happiness to a fellow board member.

The fine print: The brownie fairy has many of your addresses from the pin drive but needs your permission to use them. If you DO NOT want to be a part of the list please send me an email. If you did not buy a pin and would like to participate please PM me your address. Please email me at mom2elle2003 @ yahoo. com (remove spaces)

OK, Go forth and spread the love and the chocolate!

***********UPDATE********************************* *******************
Edited: Instead of passing around the list some very smart BBB members have pointed out that it might be better if one (or a couple of us hold on to the list) you can contact us to request an address of the person you would like to *Brownie* if that person has been requested recently we will suggest you choose someone new. We would request that you then *brownie* someone else with in 10 days. For now, I will keep the list and you can email me at mom2elle2003 @ yahoo.com(remove spaces) for an address.

papal
08-19-2004, 10:01 PM
We have baked our brownies and are ready to go! Thanks Becs for getting the ball rolling!! We are going to have a fun few months! :)
Oh, please report your brownie surprises to us when you get them! :)

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/11389.jpg

rrosen
08-19-2004, 10:04 PM
That is my favorite piggy yet! Love him!

By the way, this idea is in no way meant to take the place of a secret holiday pal. I for one hope Kerri organizes that too! More chances to spread the love.

sbjf
08-19-2004, 10:20 PM
It would be that person’s responsibility to then
>pick another person off the list (check their name off so they
>don’t get fairied again) and send a gift and the list onto the
>next person.

how about calling it getting 'brownied' instead of 'fairied'? LOL, just kidding, either cracks me up, too funny. This is a neat idea!

redhookmom
08-19-2004, 10:22 PM
Sounds like fun!

jasabo
08-19-2004, 10:27 PM
What a great idea!! Count me in. You should have my address from the pin drive.

Thank you for organizing!! Brownie Fairies rule!!!

Lisa - mom to 14 month old twin boys

NEVE and TRISTAN
08-19-2004, 10:32 PM
count us in!!!!
as I joked earlier my hubby might make your item since he is the cook in the house...:)
what a great idea!!!!

Neve and Tristan born Feb 25, 2003
* EDD #2 3/18/05 as of 8/10 things looking "great"
*Traveling in Jan insearch of the rest of our family-adopting in Ukraine IF INS gets us paperwork intime (cross fingers)

wdland45
08-19-2004, 10:36 PM
Even though I am not a heavy poster, I would love to participate. I have to say, I am having a particularly crudy day and after reading this, things seemed a little bit brighter. What a wonderful pick me up! Thanks.
Danielle, Mom to Alex, 12.03.01 and Brian, 7.27.03

pritchettzoo
08-19-2004, 10:39 PM
Have you considered running it like the Diaper Fairy on MDC? Several people are keepers of the list, and you get only the address you request (so there aren't lists of our addresses floating around in the great beyond). Just a suggestion! I hate to make it for fear of butting in, but I hope you know me enough to know that I'm not trying to be a pain in the tookus. :)

Yay! Spread the chocolate love! (And if you're allergic to chocolate, that would be a good thing for the list people to know...)

Anna

mharling
08-19-2004, 10:46 PM
Ooh, ooh, ooh...... make some notecards with that piggy on it!!! How perfect would that be to receive with your brownie surprise?

Mary
Lane - April 2003
Little brother or sister on the way - EDD March 2

Momof3Labs
08-19-2004, 10:50 PM
Good idea. Not that I don't trust y'all, but I'd rather not have my full name and address in too many hands! A few people could have the list so that the same person doesn't always know who is getting the next package.

Also, you might want to set a time limit/frame for turnaround since I can imagine this stalling every so often while it takes someone a month to get something out. Just a suggestion!

rrosen
08-19-2004, 10:51 PM
Just for the record. The original people who were sent gifts from brownie fairy received the brownie mix. They had to bake their own!

lmariana
08-19-2004, 10:51 PM
I don't think I'm 100% comfortable with my address being passed around to 200 people. :)

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030814/1/5/0/-5/.png[/img] ([img)

rrosen
08-19-2004, 10:52 PM
OK, I like that idea Lori and Anna!

I am going to update the orig. message. Does 7 days sound OK? 10?

rrosen
08-19-2004, 10:59 PM
Lori- Any chance of getting this pinned for a little while?

papal
08-19-2004, 11:18 PM
Good idea Anna... so now when you get brownied, you just have to contact Becs for the next person to brownie right?
OK, how sad is it that now brownie is a verb! LOL.

jd11365
08-19-2004, 11:56 PM
As far as this chocoholic is concerned Brownie can be a verb, adverb, adjective, noun...whatever! :P This is going to be fun!

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
May '03

mharling
08-19-2004, 11:58 PM
> OK, how sad is it that now brownie is a verb!

So what's wrong with that??? :P

Mary
Lane - April 2003
Little brother or sister on the way - EDD March 2

sbjf
08-20-2004, 12:01 AM
This reminds me of a Seinfeld episode ( I think ), As Jerry picks up a Chunky wrapper he says, and I quote, "Who Chunkied without me?"... I think anyway, could be wrong, could be an episode from my life!

jasabo
08-20-2004, 12:10 AM
Ok, this is sad, but I'm confused (story of my life). If I want to brownie someone, I email you for an address, bake the brownies and mail them. Then that person is marked off the list until all the names have been used? Then we start over? Is that right? Following instructions has never been my strong point.

Lisa - mom to 14 month old twin boys

almostamom
08-20-2004, 12:42 AM
What a great idea! You ladies always seem to amaze me - taking such great care of each other! This sounds like FUN!

~Linda~
Baby #1 due Nov 17, 2004

RwnMayfair
08-20-2004, 12:42 AM
I love this idea, it's very sweet. :)

(And I just realized how much of a pun that is, but I swear I didn't mean it that way! ::blush::)

You all are just such great people!

::hugs::

-Melissa

Taran, November 20, 2003

http://lilypie.com/baby1/041120/0/15/0/-5/.png

Marisa6826
08-20-2004, 12:49 AM
I'm totally up for the Brownie Fairy.

However, I a) can't guarantee that any baked brownies would actually leave the threshold of my home and b) I don't have the energy to make my own husband dinner let alone brownies for other Mommies.

Do they have to be baked or can it just be the mix?

Also, are we going to set a price limit if we're not going to do just brownies?

-m

abigailsmom
08-20-2004, 12:53 AM
I'd like to be included! This is an awesome idea!!

votre_ami03
08-20-2004, 01:01 AM
In one of Rebecca's e-mails it seems that it's THE mix (& by that I assume it's Ghiradelli? ;)) & not the actual brownies. They might get stale any way. :) Do brownies get stale?

PS. I baked brownies last night (Betty Crocker) & am willing to cyber share, that way it's less calories for me! :D

Rebecca & Rashmi, I am game, you can add me to the list. How fun will this be!

Christy, mommy to Nolan 7/22/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030722/1/7/2/-7/.png

kelly ann
08-20-2004, 01:01 AM
This is such a sweet idea!! I agree that having our addresses reside with a few people is a better idea. However, would it be possible to have a public list of the BBB IDs of who is participating? Or is that still too much info?

khakismom
08-20-2004, 01:16 AM
What a great idea! I'm definitely in, and what I actually like best is that the gift doesn't have to be chocolate--it can be anything!! :)

kthomp
08-20-2004, 02:06 AM
Two suggestions:

1- When people agree to participate, they should also indicate suggestions of what they like. I know not everyone is a choc-a-holic! And food allergies might also be good to note.

2- When I was thinking about this, I thought about all the people who might want to participate and never get "selected" because people don't know them, etc. I wouldn't want an idea as nice as this to end up as something hurtful. Maybe the list could just go in a random order so that feelings can be spared?

Any thoughts? Sound good or not?

stillplayswithbarbies
08-20-2004, 02:32 AM
>
>The fine print: The brownie fairy has many of your addresses
>from the pin drive but needs your permission to use them. If
>you DO NOT want to be a part of the list please send me an
>email.

It would be better for people who DO want to participate to email you their addresses. There may be people who ordered a pin who might not read the Lounge or might miss this post. You can't assume that because you did not hear from them that you have permission to use their address.

In fact, the addresses from the pin sale should probably be deleted from whatever computers they are stored on now that the sale is over. There are laws about how personal information can be collected, stored, and used on the internet. Websites that you register at or order from always have the legal disclaimers in a link that you can read that tells what they will do with your info and what you are agreeing to. When I ordered a pin, I assumed my address would be used to ship me a pin and nothing else.

There are now almost 12,000 registered members of this board. It's easy to think of it as a small group of friends, but it's not, it's like Grand Central Station at rush hour.

...Karen
DS Jake Feb 91, DD Logan Mar 03
http://members.aol.com/khowe14494/superpower.gif http://members.aol.com/khowe14494/borntobebreastfed2.gif

tippy
08-20-2004, 03:32 AM
Count me in! Very sweet idea. Sweet, get it?!?

jubilee
08-20-2004, 03:56 AM
That is a really good point Karen. Not every person reads every post, so people that don't want to participate in this might be involuntarily involved simply because they ordered a pin. Maybe those that want to be involved (whether they ordered a pin or not) should mail you.

And by the way, I mailed you! This is a great idea! :)

billysmommy
08-20-2004, 09:31 AM
Ooooh, how fun :) COunt me in, I can't wait.

sntm
08-20-2004, 11:51 AM
Yes, thanks Karen! I would never have looked at this thread if I hadn't been directed to it. I love chocolate, and love y'all, but just don't have time to participate in something like this. So please don't include my address on the list.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]
Breastfeeding 14 months and counting