PDA

View Full Version : Please help me.. scrapbookers and everyone! Need some ideas!!

papal
08-31-2004, 06:07 PM
I am going insane trying to make Leela's birthday invites... after searching for a monkey stamp and giving up.. i have decided to go with an APPLE instead since she has an apple dress (saga in Layette).
Anyhow.. would this card be too non baby-ish??? Can you give me some more ideas?
Here is the general idea:

Celery gatefold card. Where the embellishment is on the outside.. that is where the apple sticker would go. Below that, a stamp with the word 'invitation' OR one of the cardstock papers printed with 'The Apple of our eye is Turning One'

On the inside.. when you open the card, a small picture of Leela's face.
And below on cardstock...
"Please join us in celebrating this joyous occasion'... blah blah.

What do you think?? Too blah??

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/12296.jpg http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/12298.jpg

Cardstock:
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/12307.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/12300.jpg http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/12301.jpg

pritchettzoo
08-31-2004, 06:14 PM
Awww..."the apple of our eye is turning one." That's so sweet!

The apple thingie you have with the two pencils is a little too back-to-school IMO.

I like the plain green with an apple sticker on the outside. You could also line the inside with an apple paper (if they make such a thing--I can check my scrapbook store if you'd like) and then print the photo and invite details out on vellum to lay over the apple print.

Now you're making me feel like Gracie's invites are crappy! ;)

Anna

papal
08-31-2004, 06:18 PM
Anna.. the stickers are seperate.. so i am assuming the apple part is seperate from the pencils.. i would only be using the apple ones.
I wanted to involve my mom in making them so we are doing scrapbooking ones since she is not so computer savvy.

Good idea about the vellum and printing photo on there!! That will be so lovely.
Also, i think the card has an insert paper on which you are supposed to print stuff.. so i was going to stick the scrapbooking cardstock on there.. instead, i could stick the vellum, no?

ETA: I have SEEN your invites and they are super! I was just showing it to my mom this morning and she was remarking on 'why don't we do a soemthing like that' too.. ummm.. mom.. i don't have the time! :)

amazz
08-31-2004, 06:38 PM
You are just too dang creative. :) Here's my take on it--realize that this comes from someone very much less creative so just take this with a grain of salt!!

I like the outside of the card with just the sticker. And then on the inside of the card I would put the apple of our eye statement at the top (like where the Congratulations is on the sample) and then put in the details after that.

I really like Anna's idea of using apple paper and vellum, though (because I am SOOOOO visual) it is hard for me to picture exactly what would be on each layer of paper. I bet you will get it all figured out though. :) You will have to post a picture when you finish!!

Have fun!
Angela
EDD 10/15/04
A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on. ~Carl Sandburg

rrosen
08-31-2004, 06:40 PM
I love the apple of our eye idea. They are going to be fantastic. And by the way, I am getting jealous of all the Mommy time (your mom) that you are getting. It is so wonderful that she is getting to share all of these special things with you.

Can't wait to see the finished invite because of course you need to post it!

jec2
08-31-2004, 06:43 PM
It's darling! I love it! I like the burlap looking stock. But, you could also do a cut-out in an apple shape and have Leela's face in there, maybe?

kalebsmama
08-31-2004, 10:53 PM
I love the apple of our eye part! I think it will be adorable.
I have seen a monkey stamp though...!

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/12316.jpg

And there's a piggy too!!

papal
08-31-2004, 11:13 PM
JAN!! PLEASE TELL ME WHERE YOU GOT THAT STAMP! THAT IS PERFECT, ABSOLUTELY PERFECT!!!

thanks!

kalebsmama
08-31-2004, 11:27 PM
Rashmi,
The stamp set is from the Stampin' Up! catalog. I am a hobby demonstrator for the company - meaning I do it for the discount! I thought of you when I saw it! You can go to www.stampinup.com and look for a demonstrator near you. They can get you a catalog to look at and help you order it. It usually takes about a week to get an order in. Or, they might be able to find someone local that has that set that you can borrow if you need it sooner.
PM me if you have any questions and I'll try to help!

papal
08-31-2004, 11:38 PM
Thanks!!! I contacted a demostrator locally.. i hope she gets back to me soon!! Love you Jan! You found the perfect stamp for me!!

amazz
09-01-2004, 12:20 AM
LOVE Stampin' Up!! I should have become a demonstrator for all the money I have spent in the last 2 years!! :)

Angela
EDD 10/15/04
A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on. ~Carl Sandburg

jec2
09-01-2004, 12:29 AM
Anna, I want to see Gracie's! Share please.

firstbaby
09-01-2004, 01:01 AM
Rashmi:

I actually have this set - it is so fun :) I think you've mentioned that you are in NoVa also? If so, you're welcome to borrow it (or buy it from me) if you can't order it from the demo you've contacted and get the invites done in time...just PM me at stampinerica @ yahoo . com (remove the spaces...) I know how it is when you fall in love with something and have to have to have to have it/find it/etc...

Erica

kalebsmama
09-01-2004, 02:04 PM
Glad you like it! Sounds like someone here can help you get it too! Yea! Can't wait to see the finished product!

papal
09-01-2004, 03:42 PM
Erica! I am emailing you!

heidi_timms
09-01-2004, 04:36 PM
It sounds like you found the perfect stamp! That monkey stamp is adorable. Have you thought of doing a 3-D thing for the front? It might be cute to stamp your monkey on a small square of paper, color him in, and then attach the square to the front of your card with that double-sided, puffy foam tape for the 3-D effect.

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

miki
09-01-2004, 08:24 PM
OMG Rashmi,

Super-Mama strikes again. Leela's invites are going to look so cute. Post the finished product, ok?

Wen, Lorelei's lazy mommy who sent evites.com for the b-day party.

mommy_someday
09-01-2004, 08:40 PM
Rashmi,

I think whatever you go with, be it monkeys or apples, it will be adorable! If you decide to go with the vellum overlay inside, I just wanted to let you know that I found a pad of 8 1/2 x 11 vellum in the DRAFTING section of Office Max/Office Depot. I was looking for some to make my own baby announcements with the floating text over a pic. I printed a sample of it on my inkjet and let it dry for several minutes - it was really pretty! Please post the finished product!

Good luck!

papal
09-01-2004, 10:42 PM
Wen, you are so funny girl!! Seriously, i think i need projects to keep me going.. lol.. it is nice because my mom is here, something we can do together. I just have to get my lazy ass to the post office for the mailing of the curry project.. and next we are doing birthday invites.. lol. Also, since Leela loves staying at home where things are familiar, her toys are there, she can nap on routine, we feel pretty bad going out and messing her up.. she does not really enjoy it much.. so since we are home so much, it is nice to have something to do! :)

papal
09-01-2004, 10:47 PM
So i went to the lovely SU! demonstrators home this evening.. she was just so nice! I bought the catalog and my mom and me have been DROOLING over it all evening. The possibilites are endless. The demonstrator, Jann, she has over 300 (or was it 3000) stamp SETS!!! LOL. She says, since she does not have kids, the stamps are her kids...haha. Seriously, if i had seen her somewhere, a lovely tall blonde beautiful woman, i would never have guessed she was such an avid-stamper... lol... not that lovely tall blonde women don't stamp.. but you know what i mean! :)

Thanks girlie for letting me into the secret underground stamping club! :)

Oh, and Jann said that she would MAKE the cards for me! How nice of her! I said i wanted to do it, but it was so super of her to offer.